Outdoors
Sponsored by

SHOT Show 2017

15,649 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Hoyt Ag
tx4guns
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That be him.
gibberish
AG
TheVarian said:

Can someone explain what the fuss over this is all about?

It doesn't look any lower bore axis than an M&P or Glock.
Unemployed
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Is that PP I see?

https://instagr.am/p/BPdLQvUjVyQ
Why the camo pants and Corps guy in uniform?
AgLA06
AG
RealTalk said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Is that PP I see?

Why not? I imagine they're representing the shooting team.
highvelocity
AG
Not a fan. What I am a fan of is the new CZ
CharlieBrown17
AG
RealTalk said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

Is that PP I see?

That's the CCMU uniform and a cadet in the CCMU.

As a cadet that's been a representative of the university in other states, in uniform, Senior boots draw eyes and attention which is great for PR for the CCMU, Corps and University.
Buck Compton
AG
gibberish said:

TheVarian said:

Can someone explain what the fuss over this is all about?

It doesn't look any lower bore axis than an M&P or Glock.

It's probably only slightly lower bore than the Glock, but significantly less than a 1911. The real advantage to me is the trigger. A 1911 trigger just feels right... I always shoot them extremely well.

I would like to handle an H9, but can't decide if I think of it as a striker-fired weapon with an enhanced trigger, or a modern striker-fired version of the 1911. Probably the former. No idea how it actually shoots though... I'll at least consider it.
Shilo
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

highvelocity said:

this is why i stopped playing poker lol
So yeah, I'm not sure I'm making it over to the show today. I'll be there tomorrow, regardless, and check some optics out for you.

Let me know what you think about the Vortex Fury RF Binos. Especially pre-order pricing.
Hoyt Ag
AG
After looking at all the other manufacturers of glass at the show, Vortex definitely needs to step up their game.
TheVarian
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

After looking at all the other manufacturers of glass at the show, Vortex definitely needs to step up their game.

Who should we be taking a look at?
Hoyt Ag
AG
Just from what I saw, NightForce and Rudolph are the top on my list now. I am going to be buying a NightForce ATACR 4-16x50 in the coming days and there might be a Rudolph in my future as well. Vortex was right next to NightForce at the show, so it was really nice to compare them nearly side by side. Again, this is just my opinion so others might disagree.
Rebar
AG
The environment within the Shot Show is pretty much exactly like looking at a system in any store. Pretty much everything looks good because even mediocre systems look good in high light environments. Minor differences that are based on individual preference, a different coating here and there that affects light transmission, etc are really the most you can tell in that environment.

If you have to buy a system (bino / scope) over the next year, all of the suggestions above are great, it really does come down to how something looks to YOUR eye. Where you are going to see a seismic shift in performance differences will be at next year's Shot Show. There will be very large differences in performance that are instantly recognizable in multiple systems that will be shown.
AgLA06
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

Just from what I saw, NightForce and Rudolph are the top on my list now. I am going to be buying a NightForce ATACR 4-16x50 in the coming days and there might be a Rudolph in my future as well. Vortex was right next to NightForce at the show, so it was really nice to compare them nearly side by side. Again, this is just my opinion so others might disagree.

Add price into the mix and re-analyze please.

Edit. I didn't word that well.

For those of us that are LOL poor and quality / price brackets for things like binoculars matter, how does cost and warranty of the various companies mentioned factor in? Swarovski is nice too, but according to my bank account that doesn't matter.
El Chupacabra
Fun place, thanks to EyeGuy for the hook up.

I was there this morning for the swearing in and speech...lots of cheers and high fives at the Aimpoint 'booth'.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Not saying I'm done with vortex but the pst 2 line missed the mark with me. Very heavy for little gain.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Considering the last few Vortex I have bought, I spending the extra $$ will be worth it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.