Outdoors
Sponsored by

Checking Status of LTC Application

226,766 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by 76Ag
Friend of RCII
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there an established way to check your LTC (CHL) Application once the finger prints are there along with the CHL Form 100 being uploaded to the DPS?

I sort of get the feeling all the submittals disappeared into the Land of Oz.
TylerAg98
AG
You can go here: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/ to check the status of your application once you log in, but I wouldn't expect to get much information regarding the actual timeframe.

Good luck. It's a long wait!
Friend of RCII
AG
Thanks, Red III.
Texmid
AG
I just tried it and it does't tell me anything. It just says to allow sufficient time for processing. I did my fingerprints on Jan. 4
Caliber
AG
Just had a co worker get his last week. The only change in the website he ever saw was when it showed that he could change address/report lost, etc. It was in his mailbox 2 days later. No other updates at all.
Grob
I did my prints and everything else back in December. I can't get any info either.
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
I had to do a change of address last week. Got an error after entering my payment info. Called up to make sure it went through, and they said they were having issues and I had to call after 48 hours so they could check to make sure payment processed.

Called them a couple days later and they verified that it went through. So I asked the guy about how long it takes to get the new card. He responded "It's just however long it takes to print a new one and put it in the mail...and then however long it takes to get delivered to you from here". I just replied "Really? That's it?". Didn't even know what else to say to that.
TxAg20
AG
I did my fingerprints on 12/20. Right around New Years it showed that everything was complete except background check. It stil showed everything complete except background check last Wednesday. I've tried to check tonight, but the website is down for maintenance.
Max06
AG
I got mine in 9 calendar days, from the class date to receiving it in my mailbox. Did prints beforehand.
TxAg20
AG
Did class on 12/16, prints on 12/20. Today (1/16) shows background check completed and license: print pending. Today will be 19 business days.
Chazmb
I have had everything sent in for my license about a month now. And everytime i try to check my status it says the webpage is down for maintenance has it been doing that to anyone else
texag06ish
AG
I took the class on 12/16 and I didn't uplaod my LTC100 until a week later. I already had my fingerprints done when I uploaded the LTC100 and I received my LTC last Thursday. The website seems to update on Friday nights.
CTGilley
AG
I knew a guy that waited 6 months because he thought all he had to do was take the class. I kept telling him he needed to send in the LTC100 but he would not listen.
TxAg20
AG
TxAg20 said:

Did class on 12/16, prints on 12/20. Today (1/16) shows background check completed and license: print pending. Today will be 19 business days.

As of today (1/18) it shows my license has been mailed.
aggielostinETX
AG
Mine is showing mailed. 3 weeks after fingerprints.
saltypretzel
AG
Burt Macklin, FBI said:

I had to do a change of address last week. Got an error after entering my payment info. Called up to make sure it went through, and they said they were having issues and I had to call after 48 hours so they could check to make sure payment processed.

Called them a couple days later and they verified that it went through. So I asked the guy about how long it takes to get the new card. He responded "It's just however long it takes to print a new one and put it in the mail...and then however long it takes to get delivered to you from here". I just replied "Really? That's it?". Didn't even know what else to say to that.
I changed my address on Friday and had the same issue. Called today and lady told me about the issue but said it went through and that mine was printing. Said expect 5--6 days for it to arrive.
ashleyschaeffer
Are you guys seeing a slow down in processing? My background check has been under review for several weeks now.
Zjones920
It took right around 6 business days for my approval. Mine is still saying printing pending.
Latrobe
AG
There is another thread on this with additional input.....

But mine was all submitted on 2/13 and background check is still pending.

Others on that thread waited 6 days, and some 30. Must be something that triggers a slow down for some folks.... Maybe I just need to forget about it (like I did with my SBR/suppressor stamps) and be surprised when it shows up 4 months from now.

So happy to be one of the unlucky ones ">
Zjones920
Latrobe said:

There is another thread on this with additional input.....

But mine was all submitted on 2/13 and background check is still pending.

Others on that thread waited 6 days, and some 30. Must be something that triggers a slow down for some folks.... Maybe I just need to forget about it (like I did with my SBR/suppressor stamps) and be surprised when it shows up 4 months from now.

So happy to be one of the unlucky ones ">
I'll say I guess im one of the lucky ones. I uploaded my LTC-100 and did my fingerprints on 2/20. I just checked and it says my LTC has been mailed.
adamsbq06
AG
I uploaded my LTC-100 on 2/26 and Fingerprints on 2/27 and I am print pending.
andy@andrewadamsav.com
Latrobe
AG
Still waiting......now on week 6 since uploading everything.

*Back ground check pending* for 6 weeks.

I called and they said this type of wait was about average. Shouldn't be more than a couple more weeks.....

I wanted to say...."6 weeks is not the Texags average"

Beginning to wonder if I have a sketchy past
dragons06
AG
Clock starts today for me...
Quote:

License Application Status: SUBMITTED
txyaloo
AG
Latrobe said:

I called and they said this type of wait was about average. Shouldn't be more than a couple more weeks.....

How many days has it been? DPS has 60 days by statute to deny an application. If you creep into the 70-75 day range, it's time to escalate to your state representatives.
CTGilley
AG
txyaloo said:

Latrobe said:

How many days has it been? DPS has 60 days by statute to deny an application. If you creep into the 70-75 day range, it's time to escalate to your state representatives.
I was going to try and find it but If I am not mistaken it is 60 business days excluding holidays and you can legally carry if you have not received your card.

Not that I would want to test that but...
txyaloo
AG
CTGilley said:

txyaloo said:

Latrobe said:

I was going to try and find it but If I am not mistaken it is 60 business days excluding holidays and you can legally carry if you have not received your card.

Not that I would want to test that but...
You can't legally carry until DPS has issued a license. It isn't smart to carry until you have the plastic in your hand. Also, it's 60 days, not 60 business days.

Quote:

(b) The department shall, not later than the 60th day after the date of the receipt by the director's designee of the completed application materials:

(1) issue the license;
(2) notify the applicant in writing that the application was denied:
(A) on the grounds that the applicant failed to qualify under the criteria listed in Section 411.172;
(B) based on the affidavit of the director's designee submitted to the department under Section 411.176(c); or
(C) based on the affidavit of the qualified handgun instructor submitted to the department under Section 411.188(k); or
(3) notify the applicant in writing that the department is unable to make a determination regarding the issuance or denial of a license to the applicant within the 60-day period prescribed by this subsection and include in that notification an explanation of the reason for the inability and an estimation of the amount of time the department will need to make the determination
ashleyschaeffer
I'm at 6 weeks too.
I will help the helpless, but I don't care about the clueless.
ashleyschaeffer
Checked again today and the background check is complete, now pending printing.
I will help the helpless, but I don't care about the clueless.
dragons06
AG
dragons06 said:

Quote:

3 days later...
Quote:

License Application Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress.
  • Application : Received
  • Fingerprints : Received
  • Affidavits : Received
  • DL or ID : Valid
  • Citizenship : No documentation required
  • Passport Photo Holder (Out of State Only) : Received
  • Photo (Out of State Only) : Received
  • Proof of Classroom training : Received
  • Proof of Proficiency training : Received
  • Fee : Received
  • Background Check : Under review
  • License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review

dragons06
AG
dragons06 said:

dragons06 said:

Quote:

3 days later...
Quote:

License Application Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress.
  • Background Check : Under review
  • License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review

7 weeks and 2 days later... background check is finally completed.

Quote:

• Background Check : Completed
  • License To Carry A Handgun : Print Pending

213 Grove
AG
I did my class mid April turned in all my paperwork the next day and had my license less than 2 weeks later. Was pleasantly surprised
markfisher702
I used this thread to get a historical bead on LTC timing.

Here's mine for reference:

09-09-19 LTC-101 Applied online
09-12-19 Fingerprints done
09-18-19 LTC 100 submitted
10-03-19 status page finally showed progress:
Background Check - under review
License to Carry - pending
FSGuide
I took the class on 6/1 and submitted the 100 form that night.
The week before I took the class I had submitted my application and fingerprints. I never logged on to check my status. My card was in my mailbox on 6/10.

I have to submit prints to the DPS every other year for a BG check for my work license and I had recently done that. It might have sped the process up, I don't know. But I was very surprised at how fast my card came.
TacosaurusRex
Have you moved within the last 5 years? That's the only reason I can think of why mine took so long. I bounced around apartments until recently, and from all paperwork submitted to my mailbox was 63 days.
quinn1
I did a final submission 11/04/19 and am still waiting????? Status is at last 2 background check and print...I've sent at least 3 emails and get a BS response....

Anyone in this time frame that is waiting or has received, wondering how long???? I know last black Friday they sold enough guns to arm a branch, I imagine they are very backed up...but be nice it they stuck to their policies!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.