Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

326,193 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Hoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Interview with two bikers who were arrested and are out on bail:

http://www.kcentv.com/story/29213297/exclusive-first-interview-with-bikers-involved-in-twin-peaks-shooting

FYI, the decorative chain on her vest that she is referring to that was seized as a weapon is a vest extender, like this:

I'll be interested to see additional interviews as more and more bikers get out on bail. If all of the bikers are saying stuff similar to this couple then it's going to look VERY bad for Waco PD.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
I have always assumed an inventory of all "weapons" seized would be a pretty ridiculous read. hopefully it is made public.

Lots of Leatherman multi tools gonna be counted.

They talked about a chain with a pad lock. Yeah, guys how you lock a motor cycle so someone doesn't roll it away.
DriftwoodAg
AG
I wonder if they'll count each blade as a separate weapon
TexasRebel
AG
I'm guessing at least 170 pocketknives...
texrover91
AG
quote:
"If we're ever going to Dallas we're going around Waco."

I guess my routes around Wacko are going to get busier in the months ahead
pilgrimshadow
I drive through Waco when I get the chance. I never buy anything, but I'll stop and take a **** in the restroom of one of their fine establishments if I'm not in a hurry.
agsalaska
AG
quote:
I drive through Waco when I get the chance. I never buy anything, but I'll stop and take a **** in the restroom of one of their fine establishments if I'm not in a hurry.

Haha. 4 posts in 3 years and this one of them. Outstanding work. Well done.
maverick2076
http://kdhnews.com/news/texas/attorneys-waco-shooting-detainees-could-be-legal-liability/article_0bed7304-08e1-11e5-894e-a7ed4c5d990b.html
The Fife
quote:
Isn't everyone on the cloud connected?
I thought automatic cloud backup was the default for basically all Android phones.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought automatic cloud backup was the default for basically all Android phones.
If mine does it, it is news to me.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
quote:
What this statement ignores, even if true, is that those being held do not have access to their phones nor "the cloud"/Internet. So the point is moot.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
What this statement ignores, even if true, is that those being held do not have access to their phones nor "the cloud"/Internet. So the point is moot.
But they had a lot of time before cops took away everyone's phones. And if they left their phone on, it likely would have backed everything up before the battery died.
Kenneth_2003
AG
That's all well and good, but I don't see these guys (and gals) as the "I'm gonna whip out my phone and stand here like a useless dolt taking pictures and video!" crowd. That's the mentality of the millennials, not these guys.
AggieOO
mine does not automatically upload to the cloud.
TexasAggie_02
AG
most phones are set to backup over wifi (b/c most people don't have unlimited data plans anymore). I still have unlimited, and have my phone set to backup all videos/pics to dropbox. My phone has a screen lock, and the battery on my HTC One is not removable, so it would theoretically backup before the battery died.

even if the police took your phone and erased it, the data would most likely be recoverable as long as they didn't overwrite it. When you delete something, you are just deleting the operating system's reference to it. the file is still there until it is overwritten. there are free recovery programs that can pull out these "deleted" files.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
That's all well and good, but I don't see these guys (and gals) as the "I'm gonna whip out my phone and stand here like a useless dolt taking pictures and video!" crowd. That's the mentality of the millennials, not these guys.
yeah, if there as a shootout, i would be running for cover, not taking pics.
Centerpole90
AG
They must not be and that's what I was marveling at when I brought it up. Heck, these days there is video over EVERYTHING; evidence almost daily postings of gunfights in Matamoros. Here there is nothing (that I've seen yet). I read the Associated Press has been allowed to see the security footage but that's all I've heard about.
Centerpole90
AG
I would be too - but people seem to do it all the time.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I suppose if some of them did get a few photos or some video it might start coming out now that some of them are getting out of jail. Although their attorneys might also have them advised to STFU and not talk to anyone about anything.

Spouses or significant others would need passwords to get into photobucket, iCloud, imgur, etc.
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
yeah, if there as a shootout, i would be running for cover, not taking pics.

You'd make a ****ty war photographer.
ellebee
So I haven't posted in this thread but a friend of mine went to the memorial of what I assume was the guy from new braunfels (they were friends of his). This is what she just texted me:

we went to one of the guys' memorials last week at the Harley shop here and they had snipers posted on the roofs of all the surrounding buildings. There were families there and it was a freaking memorial!!!

They left right away bc they had their kid with them. Crazy.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
So I haven't posted in this thread but a friend of mine went to the memorial of what I assume was the guy from new braunfels (they were friends of his). This is what she just texted me:

we went to one of the guys' memorials last week at the Harley shop here and they had snipers posted on the roofs of all the surrounding buildings. There were families there and it was a freaking memorial!!!

They left right away bc they had their kid with them. Crazy.
http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/05/29/police-snipers-spotted-at-two-texas-harley-dealerships-in-wake-of-twin-peaks-shooting/

What good is all your military gear if you don't get to play with it?
ellebee
Well I saw on vice (I think) that if it is donated you have to bust it out at least once a year to be able to keep it. What better opportunity than a memorial service?
Hoss
AG
I'm not saying they aren't, but do we actually know these are police snipers? I can't tell what the one on the far left is doing. It looks a little like he may have a video camera. The third from the left appears to maybe be looking through binoculars. As far as I can tell the other two are just standing there. I don't see any rifles. Again...not saying they aren't police snipers, but can anyone here with sniper type knowledge look at this pic and confirm that? Or are we just assuming they're snipers since they're dressed in black and on a roof? Not arguing. Just curious.

carpe vinum
AG
A weapon unused is a useless weapon. ~General Sline
ellebee
Night's watch?
SteveBott
AG
From the interview on KCEN a quote from the biker I find interesting....

quote:
"We didn't even get to where we could see around the corner of the building when firing started," said Mr. English. "We heard 2-3 distinct small arm fires, and we took off around to the back side of the building and after that I started hearing rapid succession of assault rifle fire."
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

quote:
"We didn't even get to where we could see around the corner of the building when firing started," said Mr. English. "We heard 2-3 distinct small arm fires, and we took off around to the back side of the building and after that I started hearing rapid succession of assault rifle fire."

Goes along with the prelim report I mentioned the other day that said only two shots were fired by bikers and the rest by the police.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Goes along with the prelim report I mentioned the other day that said only two shots were fired by bikers and the rest by the police.
Sounds as if the police had a definite strategy to respond at the first sign of trouble with overwhelming, suppressive fire, and it's easy to extrapolate that into a situation where excess force was applied, out of "an abundance of caution", to use an ironic term. Such excess would be easy to cover up or justify, after the fact. That may well be what we are looking at here.

Edit to add: but they may have squandered any good will they may have had with the Public with the manner in which that decisive action has been followed up by obvious trampling of civil rights of the "witnesses".
Guitarsoup
AG
It's not suppressive fire when it hits center mass. That's suppression fire.
Mr. Dubi
What's wrong with these people? Suspicion of overwhelming police force and no towns burned!
carpe vinum
AG
Does Waco have a Bass Pro or Cabelas we can go loot?
DriftwoodAg
AG
They have a pretty new Cabelas right by the Twin Peaks
DannyDuberstein
AG
We've been raping BU women and looting their athletic department for 100 years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.