Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gunfight at the Twin Peaks [Staff Warning on page 47]

326,195 Views | 1928 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rather be fishing
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pics/video while everything was hitting the fan probably doesn't exist. While I don't doubt there are some very intelligent and tech savvy folks in that bunch, they're not part of the cell photo "let take a selfie" generation.

When someone is getting mugged, they're not the ones you see standing on the sidewalk filming it.
Hoss
AG
quote:
So according to someone that is working on this case, the preliminary report on the shooting says that just two shots were fired by bikers and the rest were fired by the 14 Waco Police Officers.

If that turns out to be true then it looks pretty bad for Waco PD. I'm still withholding judgment until all the facts come out though. That being said, the longer it takes for those kind of details to be released the worse it looks for the police.
Guitarsoup
AG
https://m.facebook.com/LooneyConrad/photos/np.1433180714050825.8330333/668816726551894/?type=1&ref=m_notif¬if_t=notify_me&actorid=342718712495032

WACO DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE REACHING BOND REDUCTION AGREEMENTS WITH BIKERS FROM TWIN PEAKS SHOOTOUT

Earlier today, prosecutors in the Waco District Attorneys office began meeting with defense attorneys for motorcyclists involved in the May 17 shootout at Twin Peaks in order to reach bond conditions and reduction agreements. Paul Looney, Houston attorney with Looney & Conrad, P.C. said he had a productive meeting with Michael Jarrett, First Assistant Prosecutor with the McLennan County District Attorneys office. During that meeting a reasonable bond was agreed to with only minor conditions.

"My clients were released this morning. We have every expectation that they will be 'No Billed' during the Grand Jury process because they are completely innocent of any criminal activity," Looney said. "The judges in McLennan County and the District Attorney's office were quite helpful in securing the immediate bond release."

It has been determined the District Attorney's office was not involved in yesterday's attempt to get defendants to waive their rights of litigation in exchange for bonds. "That entire debacle was orchestrated by McLennan County private attorney Brittany Lannen," Looney said. "Her behavior in this matter is bizarre, unprofessional, unethical and unappreciated by all of the attorneys representing defendants, by the McLennan County District Attorneys office, and by the McLennan County court staff. Her behavior will be reported to the State Bar of Texas for investigation this week."
RK
AG
I do......not.....object....

Post removed:
by user
UnderoosAg
AG
$20 says those glasses are fake
aggielostinETX
AG
So she's the county attorney, not the DA. Interesting.
mts6175
AG
Y'all do know she went to A&M right?
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
Y'all do know she went to A&M right?

Don't they always?
TexasAggie_02
AG
she has a long lost myspace page
Guitarsoup
AG
I'm hearing her significant other is Waco SWAT.
Post removed:
by user
TexasAggie_02
AG
Lannen used to work for the DA, but...

"Meanwhile, in Cox's motion to disqualify Lannen as special prosecutor, Cox cites that Reyna fired Lannen and he claims it was because of "incompetence, insubordination and unethical conduct."

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/prosecutor-dispute-uncovers-alleged-deal-to-bury-dwi-cases/article_d316320a-0cb3-560e-aa97-de30364154a9.html
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Lannen filed a motion last week asking that the hearing to disqualify her be held in an open, public courtroom.
In the motion, she said Cox approached her before she made the decision to file the cases against the Jarvises. Cox said the couple should not be prosecuted because they are "good people" and that he had already worked out a deal with Darling to dismiss the cases.
Lannen wrote she "found this statement to be rather odd since she, not Darling, had been appointed" special prosecutor.
She wrote in the motion that she told Cox she was inclined to file the cases but would review any materials he wanted to submit to her before she made the final decision.
"At this point, Cox became agitated and told (Lannen) that if she wanted to maintain a 'good relationship' with the McLennan County Criminal District Attorney's Office, she would not file the case," Lannen wrote in her motion.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
quote:
She is a criminal defense attorney practicing in McClennan County. Not the County Attorney.

Was appointed special prosecutor?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
She is a criminal defense attorney practicing in McClennan County. Not the County Attorney.

Was appointed special prosecutor?

Old unrelated case to the current biker fiasco. My guess is she is a former prosecutor (who knows where), that there was a conflict with the DA s office, the court looked for an outside prosecutor and named her as a one time special prosecutor for that case.
She was a prosecutor in the Waco office.

That is until she was fired for unethical behavior according to this court document.

quote:
Meanwhile, in Cox's motion to disqualify Lannen as special prosecutor, Cox cites that Reyna fired Lannen and he claims it was because of "incompetence, insubordination and unethical conduct."

Cox said he "believes that this unprofessional conduct disqualifies her from serving" as special prosecutor in the Jarvises cases or "any criminal matters in this state." The motion does not allege specific conduct or state why Cox believes that.
How unethical do you have to be to be fire by Reyna?
aggielostinETX
AG
Unless he fired you for calling out his unethicalness.

So why is she involved now?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

No clue. She may have a client that is in jail since she does criminal justice.

Also, her significant other is a McLennan County SWAT, so maybe she is involved because he was involved. I have no clue.

But Looney obviously feels pretty strongly about it if he is going to file with the Bar. That is a big deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
They did apparently work on cases together while she was a ADA. No way to know if that was before or after becoming a couple.

http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/home/headlines/Waco__Man_Sentenced_For_Child_Sexual_Assault_157928455.html
quote:

"I would like to commend the work of McLennan County Sheriff Detective Joseph Scaramucci and Assistant District Attorneys Michelle Voirin and Brittany Lannen for achieving justice of this child victim," McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna said Thursday.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i don't know who is in the wrong here in regards to the lawyers. but, judging by recent and past remarks to the media, they definitely have a history and do not like each other.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

No clue. She may have a client that is in jail since she does criminal justice.

Also, her significant other is a McLennan County SWAT, so maybe she is involved because he was involved. I have no clue.

But Looney obviously feels pretty strongly about it if he is going to file with the Bar. That is a big deal.

Looney could also be looking to cover himself after publishing a "press release" that might not be true.

If she voluntarily offered to agree to a release as part of her client's bail reduction agreement then it might not be unethical. That would be dramatically different than the DA making that a requirement, which is what Looney alleged in his press release.
The person that Looney said is involved does not work for the county and couldn't make that deal. She was fired from being an ADA for McLennan and now practices privately.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Guitarsoup
AG
Then it would be idiotic, not unethical. But Looney is filling for ethics with the Bar, all it seems more than that.
Guitarsoup
AG
Then it would be idiotic, not unethical. But Looney is filling for ethics with the Bar, all it seems more than that.
UnderoosAg
AG
First of all

quote:
"I would like to commend the work of McLennan County Sheriff Detective Joseph Scaramucci

Will he do the fandango? Or would it be fandangucci?

More importantly, in my mind it doesn't matter whose idea it was to offer/demand the signing of a release in order to reduce bond. If Goldilocks offered such, how is that not a bribe? It's not like they offered up real estate, surrendering a passport, an ankle bracelet, or anything else to prove the client is not a flight risk and will appear as required. Is that not the point of posting bail?

Reduce his bail? No. Please? No. Pretty pretty please? No. My client won't sue. No. I'll **** your ****? Wait, go back one.
ccard257
AG
quote:
you don't think it would be unethical for her to advise her client to do something against his/her best interest in order to protect her husband/friends?
TexasRebel
AG
What if she's representing her husband?
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
you don't think it would be unethical for her to advise her client to do something against his/her best interest in order to protect her husband/friends?

We don't know that she has a client. If she got this deal, she may have offered it but we don't know if she advised it to be taken our what other offers she got.

If she told a client to take a deal that was bad for the client solely to protect her boyfriend, then she should be disbarred.
maverick2076
Interview with two bikers who were arrested and are out on bail:

http://www.kcentv.com/story/29213297/exclusive-first-interview-with-bikers-involved-in-twin-peaks-shooting

FYI, the decorative chain on her vest that she is referring to that was seized as a weapon is a vest extender, like this:

RK
AG
I have always assumed an inventory of all "weapons" seized would be a pretty ridiculous read. hopefully it is made public.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.