Outdoors
Sponsored by

barndominium costs.

141,530 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Kristenlakey
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Firefightag, email me if you are interested in another estimate. A good friend of mine builds metal buildings and barndominiums and different levels of finish out. My email is in my profile.

AW 1880 - Does your friend do any work in the Dallas area? I'm looking to rebuild a small detached garage/shop in the coming months.

Missed your email address so I'll put mine in the profile should you see this and reply
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cen-Tex
AG
Schmellba - would you post your friend's number from Washington, Tx... I'd be interested in talking to him.
pray4usa
Thanks so much for the pdf of your barndo! You have given me a lot to think about. If you have more pictures I would love to see them!
VanZandt92
Stop watching HGTV!
bkag9824
AG
How would the cost of a barndo compare to a SIP framed building?

Seems SIP material costs are a little higher, but savings can be realized on decreased labor. No reason you couldn't include dimensions for a shop too since the panels are all modular/built to size.
Aggies2007
AG
Bump
RFD
AG
I always liked this one, cant remember if i got it off of the OB or another forum.

I am starting mine in the next year.

http://s828.photobucket.com/user/melackey/library/completed%20ranch%20house?sort=6&page=1

jaggiemaggie
AG
To those who used Countrywide: how was your experience with using them?
rawhide0013
I am interested in speaking with anyone who has used Countrywide Barns for a barn and barndominum? Please email me your email so we can speak. I have two contracts with them currently and have questions about their work performance, project schedule, etc. So far my experience with them is horrible! Curious if anyone else feels the same way.
C4D
AG
Round $60/sq ft where i live. Always hard to recoup the cost if and when u sale. Not many comparable sales.
Skillet Shot
Bump, anyone know a barndo builder in N Texas and updated $/sq.ft?
LSB_2002
AG
quote:
Bump, anyone know a barndo builder in N Texas and updated $/sq.ft?
Where exactly in North Texas?

Skillet Shot
1 hour W of FW.
Corps_Ag12
AG
quote:
1 hour W of FW.
Mineral Wells?
HECUBUS
AG
Barn + camper. We just built a nice barn, 40x80, with half enclosed, half roof and slab only and parked a camper there.

Next owner loved the barn and realtor took the camper for part of the commission. Both rolled into cost basis for taxes. Much more flexible and cheaper.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I have a good buddy that builds these and has for over 15 years. He just recently relocated to BCS (will go up to about 100 miles outside of Brazos) and has started his own construction company. He can do all steel structures be it a barndominium, commercial, storage, etc..He can usually get a rough estimate together for you in about 24hrs. His name is Kasey Irvin. All of his info is below.

Kasey Irvin
irvinstructures at gmail dot com
9seven9 4nine2 8four33
DallasAggies01
AG
I like that this thread keeps getting bumped. We've just bough 2 acres of land in Sargent from my wife's stepmom so that we can keep the house on the creek. The plan is to bulld a barndominium on that land so the family can all get together and have a comfortable place to sleep across from the main house. Any recommendations for build out would be appreciated.
95richmondaggie95
AG
Anyone know companies that do this in comal county? Canyon Lake area?
IrishTxAggie
AG
My friend Kasey will most likely. I posted his info just a couple above you.
Acorgey
Just finished one for a lady that was about $75sq ft. Don't skimp on the slab, frame, electrical, or plumbing. If you want to cut costs, cut them in appliances/fixtures, etc. just finished pricing a 100x40, the side ever between 9' ceilings and 8' ceilings was $1800. Leave open beams up top and really save. you can place columns inside wood walls instead of free spanning and that cuts another $1000 off possibly. Lots of possibilities to cut costs.

. We've been in BCS for 40+ years doing all types of construction. Lots of pics on our fb page.

https://m.facebook.com/Corgey-and-Sons-Construction-578735498809679/?fref=ts
DallasAggies01
AG
quote:
Here is a document I put together on my barndo build.

Kimble County Barndo Build

Country,
I was hoping to be able to read through what you put together to get some insight on the process but the link isn't working any more. Is there another link you could share?

Thanks!
country
AG
Here's an active link:

Kimble County Barndo
DallasAggies01
AG
Thank you
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Bump

I'm really interested in building one of these just outside of Ponder. Anyone know a builder I coukd talk to?

I may have a guy who can do the slab / exterior but I'd need a guy to do the interior finish out.

Also, how difficult are these to finance?
AggieMarkSA
I'm looking to build one soon in Atascosa county, about 20 minutes from Jourdanton. Anyone know someone who operates there besides WDMB?
Fish_creek_inn
http://www.lonestarbarnsandbuildings.com is a great place to start.
Two Gun Corcoran
AG
Bump. Looking to build in Llano County. Any recs?

Also very interested in any updates from working with country wide.
foodcow
AgLaw07,

I know it's been about a year and a half since you were starting to build your barndo. I would like to know how your experience was with Countrywide, if you don't mind. Anyone else have information, please contact me as well. You can email me @ coyeshoth@live.com or text me @ 281 839-5458. Thanks. I appreciate it.
jsquyres4
AG
I would also like to know more about countrywide. Did anyone finish building with them?
Ags1978
AG
Have you found a barndominium builder in Atascosa County that you would recommend?
Ags1978
AG
Did you you find a barndominium builder in Atascosa County?
wadd96
AG
Contact my cousin www.carlpattestonconstruction.com . He is out of Devine.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Sbirdsong
I am looking at building one in Milam county in next 6 months. If anyone can give recommendation. I would appreciate. I want to do a structure of about 2500 sq ft
Corps_Ag12
AG
These barndo's are so remote, sometimes I wonder how hard it'd be just to travel all over the state & do these.

Sounds like I could drum up quite a bit of business here on the OB.
94xAgBallMajor
Thanks for sharing your in depth building experience. I'd like to share your your barndominium experience with future Barndo owners. (And ask yu a few more questions if you want to share.)
Thanks, Kinch
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.