Outdoors
Sponsored by

Assault weapons ban passed at heated Senate hearing

3,762 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by FTAG 2000
35chililights
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But of course, you knew it would.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/14/assault-weapons-ban-passed-after-heated-senate-hearing/
tx4guns
AG
Snowball in hell.
Bob_Ag
AG
Feinstein's response is typical liberal red herrings. Lets ignore the facts and use nothing but rhetoric to restrict the 2nd amendment.

These people are enemies to everything the founding fathers stood for.
drummer0415
AG
F liberals.
KLOL101
I feel safer already.

Now all we need is a mall shooting or another school firefight and this will sail through the full senate on a wave of PR and emotion![/libtard]

MonkeyKnifeFighter
dirtyred
Post removed:
by user
Texas 1836
AG
Guess what??

What happens in two years if the Dems take the house?

schmellba99
AG
quote:
These people are enemies to everything the founding fathers stood for.

Yep, but unfortunately you can't convince them of that no matter how hard you try or how much logic is used to do so.

Progressivism is a disease. Kind of like cancer - ultimately it kills the host that allowed it to live in the first place.
Ag for Life
AG
Dumb ****s
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
quote:
but after 20 years I’ve been up close and personal with the Constitution. I have great respect for it.”

This was the most telling quote from her.

I'd expect someone who has been in government for 20 years to have more than just a "great respect" for the Constitution. There's also an implied "but" at the end of the statement that she doesn't elaborate on.

To me this would be like going to your preacher after you disagreed with him about a sermon and his response was "I've been preaching for 20 years, and I've got a great deal of respect for the Bible". Joel Olsteen can be excluded from the pool of examples.
aggiesq
AG
every revolution needs a flashpoint

Furlock Bones
AG
20 years too long. where the phauck are term limits when you need them?
ZooGuy
AG

[This message has been edited by ZooGuy (edited 3/14/2013 7:51p).]
EMY92
AG
quote:
but after 20 years I’ve been up close and personal with the Constitution. I have great respect for it.”

I learned how to drive a car when I was 8. I now have 35 years of experience driving. I guess I'm ready to hit the Nascar or Indy circuit.
El Chupacabra
NONE of it has anything to do with keeping anyone safer. It only has to do with governmental control over the people. Most politicians are 'smart' people, and they know stupid **** like this does nothing to make people safer, but it gives them more power. They are (in their minds) smarter than the average citizen, and know how to live your life for you betther than you do. Power grab to appeal to the masses.

And it is going to get really bad when we have a Democratic President, House, Senate, and Supreme Court...watch your cornhole WHEN that happens.
dirtyred
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And it is going to get really bad when we have a Democratic President, House, Senate, and Supreme Court...watch your cornhole WHEN that happens.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IF that happens, this country will either become France or we'll have open revolt, IMO.
Sir Psycho
This will never pass the Senate when put to a vote. Never pass the House either. But shame on the libtards for even getting it this far.
Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:
Dumbass liberals making laws with how they "feel" instead of cold, hard facts.

I "feel" as though all liberals shouldn't be able to govern. Guess that would leave almost 80-90% of Federal, State, and Local positions unfilled.

Bullsheet stereotype...

[This message has been edited by Pierce County Ag (edited 3/14/2013 3:46p).]
chilidogfood
AG
quote:
In addition to banning various rifles, shotguns and parts, the bill would limit the size of ammunition clips to 10 rounds.

Are my magazines safe then?
Gunrunner2014
AG
Hope this legislation burns and dies like the unconstitutional piece of garbage it is. Its very existence is appalling.
BQ88
AG
This will never make it to a signed bill. At least this year.

I've been so burned out on politicians...but Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are really restoring my faith that there are some statesmen left in our legislative branch.

I've heard more from Ted Cruz and seen him do more than I've seen John Cornyn do in all the years he's been up there.
Mr. Dubi
Sodas are safe for now, but they'll come after SUV's soon
agsalaska
AG
Pointless and waisted effort. It would never pass either the full senate or the house.
KW02
AG
She says she has seen people killed by these dangerous bad black rifles and seen bodies mangled so they should be banned. I guess she believes cars should be banned too.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Pointless and waisted effort. It would never pass either the full senate or the house.

I would not make such confident assertions about the democratic controlled senate. By in large, they are dumbasses.
tx4guns
AG
NBC news tonight said that it has little chance of passing a Senate vote. Even the libs know it's an exercise in futility.
MasterAggie
AG
It won't pass but all those idiots just need to die in a damn fire. I'm sick of listening to their bulls***. Anyone that buys into their idiotic arguments should be convicted of oxygen theft.
aggiesq
AG
It's not an exercise in futility, it is laying the groundwork and terms of debate for the future.

No wonder our liberty erodes over time when people dismiss threats outright
GeronimoAg
AG
Feinstein and her argument are a complete joke.

Thank God for Ted Cruz. I love watching him go after Feinstein and Holder earlier in the week.
Old Sarge
AG
Let us not forget, we have the mid-terms coming up in 1.5 years, and if the last election shocked us, then we should be very active in the education of the less informed.

If the Great Deceiver gets a House of Reps on his side, we will have laws passed against us that will take YEARS for the SCOTUS to rectify, if in fact they every would with his appointments.

And don't forget, every right restricted by the federal government has never been restored. Unless you are Japeneese.

[This message has been edited by Old Sarge (edited 3/14/2013 11:41p).]
Texas 1836
AG
Old Sarge, unfortunately, is exactly right.
Bluto
AG
quote:
It's not an exercise in futility, it is laying the groundwork and terms of debate for the future.

No wonder our liberty erodes over time when people dismiss threats outright.

This. I don't think there is a chance this passes either, but I'm not dismissing it as nothing to worry about. The simple fact that it got this far will be used the next time around, and it'll likely get just a little further. And the next time it'll get a little further. A lot of the NRA rhetoric seems a little overboard, but they're right. If we/gunowners bend on anything, the opposition will try to take everything. How do we stop this?
IslandAg76
AG
Incrementalism.

It's always an inch toward their goals and never a step back.
Each inch of "progressive change" paves the way for the next inch and never an inch of retreat.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.