Outdoors
Sponsored by

Camo Dipping

7,573 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by VetSurg
agz11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently received a yeti cooler as a gift and would like to have the lid dipped in camo. Do y'all know of any places in Houston that would be able to do this?

TIA
mustang6tee8
AG
Google "water transfer printing Houston, TX" to find places near you. I personally don't have any recommendations, good luck.
DUman08
AG
Sunset Graphix
http://www.sunsetgraphix.com/
Does great work and great turn around time.
I have had couple guns dipped by them and have been really happy.
SpiderD02
AG
DUman does the coating provide good protection on metal in your opinion? Last weekend shotgun took a good beating on the coast. I was able to get most of the rust off with RemOil and light buffing with scotch brite. However the bare metal is starting to show. I thought about using a rattle can but would consider a more professional option.
Texas 1836
AG
WHen I watch it put on, it still seems like magic
AgBass01
AG
This guy has done some pretty cool stuff, he is on another forum that I'm on.

http://trinityhydrographics.com/
DUman08
AG
Spider sunsetgraphix dipped my beretta 4 years ago and I am rough on it and the only places where the camo is coming off is shell loading area.
NRH ag 10
AG
Spider, look into getting it cerakoted. It'll protect agaisnt rust and abrasion and will be more durable than most hydro dipping, IIRC.
Aggieanglr
If any of you guys are looking for a good water transfer "dipping" processor give us a call at H2O Ink in College Station. We are also an authorized dealer for Brute Coolers.
979-778-1109
Cadet05
Angry Beaver
AG
Can you post pics of your coated gun?
EastTexasAg1994
AG
Angry,

I'm getting one done by the guys over at H20. I'll post it when it is done I saw of their work today and it looks good. They had a camo dipped AR with some graphics added that looked fantastic. I think it was done for the Wounded Warrior group.
Angry Beaver
Bowie0570
DUman,
Have you ever had him dip a scope? I have a my varmint gun that I want to fully dip scope and all, but they wont replace my scope, if it messes it up.
DUman08
AG
No I have not but he has dipped my Nikon binoculars and they look great I will get pic of them up. If you give the guy a call his name is Aaron and he will tell you if he can do it. He does great work and quick turn around.

[This message has been edited by DUman08 (edited 2/28/2013 10:38p).]
EastTexasAg1994
AG
Scopes can be dipped. It would be a little more risky with an older scope than a newer one. Most of the newer scopes are water resistant or water proof. I would ask them a lot of questions to make sure you get what you want.

A friend of mine had me ask that question at H20 when I was dropping off my gun. His son wants to have a scope dipped in camo.

[This message has been edited by EastTexasAg1994 (edited 3/1/2013 6:40a).]

[This message has been edited by EastTexasAg1994 (edited 3/1/2013 6:40a).]
drummer0415
AG
When I read the thread title I thought it was gonna be a question about how to camouflage your dipping habit.
EastTexasAg1994
AG
Lol...I bet they could dip your snuff can in camo Or maybe make it look like a tin of breath mints.

[This message has been edited by EastTexasAg1994 (edited 3/1/2013 7:40a).]
Harman Rabb Jr.
I bought one of those $200 Savage 7mm-08 at Academy based on a rec. here a while back. It has a tan plastic stock. Could it be dipped?
EastTexasAg1994
AG
Yes Harman. I'm getting a Savage synthetic stock dipped now.
Aggieanglr
Harmann....We can make your tan synthetic stock look like anything you want.

Drummer....Yes we can even do your snuff can lid.

H2O Ink
(979)-255-9350
VetSurg
AG
quote:
If any of you guys are looking for a good water transfer "dipping" processor give us a call at H2O Ink in College Station. We are also an authorized dealer for Brute Coolers.
979-778-1109

I'll vouch for H2O Ink. They dipped a rifle/scope for me and it looks awesome. Also saw a lot of their work while I was dropping off/picking up. Everything looked great!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.