Outdoors
Sponsored by

full quill ostrich boots

12,008 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by txf15crewchief
Ag_of_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cause it's an exotic that's not gator back or stingray(which is considered out of fashion for a lot of folks), but is affordable and comes in a shine. Elephant is not a high shine "dress boot", and gator belly is so far out of most peoples price range, they'll never try a good pair on much less own them.

I personally hate MOST full quill. Justin and luchesse will pull some decent hides that aren't to pronounced at times.

I can deal with people wearing nice full quills, as long as the don't have they stupid ass cowboy tops in neon pink or pastels. I've sold many a boot to guys my own age and younger that Elton john would have said went to far. Freaking neon pink brush poppers with your pants tucked in them.

I wouldn't see a problem with some of the thin crepe soles and slacks, especially with a black upper sole leather. I damn sure would never work in another pair of non-crepe soles again. I was required with these, and piss on doing anything but riding and dancing in a hard sole boot, which is what they where made for...

[This message has been edited by Ag_of_08 (edited 8/23/2010 10:42a).]
ArmedAg94
Anyone tried Outback Western Wear in Magnolia for black dress boots?
b.blauser
AG
Love the classic ropers:

b.blauser
AG

Cigar Full Quill Ostrich w/ Navy Top S0216 - size 12D
www.cowboywarehouse.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=C&Product_Code=S0216&Category_Code=RM101
Aggie12B
AG
I have a pair of Maroon full quill Justins that I have owned since 1982. I thought I had lost them forever until I found them when I was unpacking my household goods after I PCSed from Germany to Ft Hood in July of this year. They still fit just as well as they did back when I first bought them and they are comfortable as can be. You gotta love footwear that lasts for almost 30 years.

AGGIE12B
JC '88
If you value the Freedom and Liberties you have in your life, be sure to Thank a Veteran everyday!
pv
http://www.kimmelbootcompany.com/

Good priced custom boots
OnlyForNow
AG
I got some while in Mexico on my honeymoon form the Butire company.

Were listed at $500, and talked him down to 150.00. Great damn boots.
pv
Post your A&M custom boots if you've got em
Hemingway
AG
Not to pile on...

I have two pair of Lucchese ostrich skin and love them
both. One is a pair of the Lucchese 2000 (which were maligned earlier in this thread, but are my favorite and approaching 9 years old and on their 3rd sole) and a pair of Lucchese Handmade. I too wear them with suits and jeans. Just polish and go.

Spend your money on boots and mattresses. If you are not in one, you are in the other.
Kurt Gowdy
AG

[This message has been edited by brb (edited 12/5/2010 9:28a).]
dvm57
info@redmanscustomboots.com

+ WHAT COUNTRY SAID

DVM'57
pv
brb

Those are hansom. Where did you have 'em made?
Kurt Gowdy
AG
I've got a guy we meet at La Posada in Laredo. He crosses over from NL, measures you up, discusses the details, then goes back.

2-3 months and they're ready.
FiTxAg04
AG
I happen to love Ariat and think they make a great boot. They've been my everyday wear for years. I'm on construction sites most days and I know how to beat the crap out of a pair of boots and I usually get at least 2 years out of a pair of Ariats. The cobalt soles are just as comfortable as any pair of tennis shoes. I couldn't care less where they are made. I'm sorry some of you have had a pair blow out after a short time, but I consider them to be a comfortable, well-made boot.

As for my dressier boots, I've got a pair of smooth ostrich Lucchese that are fantastic. Beautiful boots that I won't ever part with. There may be better out there, but you can't go wrong with Lucchese.
Agdiesel
AG
For the past couple of years I have a had a website that sells Boots, belts, leather products and tack. Some one hacked into it so I had to start over. I sell Ferrini boots, most have probably never heard of them. Here is a link to my website, all I have on there right now are ostrich and Caimen belly. They are sharp boots for quite a bit cheaper than others. Sorry the website is doesn't have much to offer right now, but hopefully will have everything added by the end of the month.

http://shop.circlemwesternwear.com/Cowboy-Boots_c2.htm

txf15crewchief
AG
Another fan of Lucchese here. I have two pairs of Black Cherry ostrich, one full quill, the other full quill with a Kangaroo upper. My 3rd pair are peanut brittle Mad Dog Goat and more comfortable than any tennis shoes I own.

All I can say is spend money on a decent pair of boots; and more than likely they won't be under $150.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.