Outdoors
Sponsored by

amazing trophy room pics

30,379 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Redpot76
txaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did someone say something about swimsuits?

Meaux92
I think we can all agree that it would be nice to mount a room full of those.
Campfire Soul
quote:
Every country in Africa is dirt ass poor. The small number of "game cops" are the only thing standing between certain species of wildlife being completely decimated by poachers. And can you even fault the poachers? I doubt anyone here has ever experienced life as an uneducated native African living in squalor. A set of ivory tusks might feed your family for a year. Anyway, those game cops salaries are paid by licenses one must obtain to hunt said animals. Without the hunting revenue, without the licensing revenue, there's no money to fund game law enforcement.

I agree with this... and it's true in many parts of the world.

However, much of the money you spend on licenses and such go directly into the pockets of government officials. I don't have to tell any of you that the governments at every level of Africa are very corrupt... I'm sure that some of your money actually trickles down to the poor locals, but not much of it.

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
- Ted Nugent
WATER TOWER
02 - when did you come to my trophy room?
Sean98
AG
Yes. Let's go down this road some more and forget the other impressive collection.

Urban Ag
AG
well there you have it, I guess a sandy vag isn't always such a bad thing
Dynastar97
That hot chick in the last pic looks like she's about ready to show us her
35chililights
AG
quote:
sorry, i really enjoy swimsuit season... maybe a pool with some hotties would cure your ills

I am just joking, I hope you know. I just want summer to pass as I am in A&P lecture and lab.

Come on North Zone opener!
WATER TOWER
well i wasnt joking, I really do enjoy pool season... or as our neighbors to the south say el season de la carniceria
Redpot76
txaggie02...I am sure you are right about that being Ken Barr. He is from CA and that first pic sure looks like it is from the wine country. He is also a huge Safari Club International member and got a big award the past few years for hunting. He could easily have 500 animals listed in the SCI recordbook and a quick scan of the top entries finds his name all over the place. For that reason alone, I would suggest all the ideas that he is a cheater or an unethical hunter should be put on the backburner. Whether you agree with his way of showing off family wealth or not is a personal issue. I would personally prefer his way to buying a luxury motor yacht and saling around the Mediterranean with a funny hat and an ascot.

This thread has strayed very far from the facts in some instances and that is too bad because lots of people read these posts and believe everything, when what seems to be coming out is an opinion about 'style' and wealth...haves and have nots.

I dare say in over 40 years of hunting I have taken well over a whitetail per year on average as have many that post here. How many birds will an upland hunter or a waterfowler shoot in a year...much less in a lifetime? Any excesses there? Not from my standpoint as a hunter and a consumer. Let's be careful about making bold assumptions about the disposition of the animals this guy shot. I took an old black-haired giraffe bull that had been run out of the herd by younger bulls...ate two meals out of him and fed a local village for a month. Where all the trophy fees went I do not know ultimately. There are clearly some very good things other than paying fees that occur even from 'trophy' hunting that may not be evident to everyone.

Sorry for the rant. I would agree that this trophy room is over the top, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.