Outdoors
Sponsored by

What is the average hunting lease cost per acre?

39,111 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by MasterAggie
TeeShirt RedAss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I remember seeing some talk on this in the past but I don't remember what thread it was in.
nnichols
If its in Doss, your probably looking at around 209. Warning: Doss is serious business
bushman
AG
Way too many variables involved to give a concrete answer. Location, acreage, types of animals, year/ seasonal, place to stay / primitive, quality of animals, etc.
Usually, the more acres, the less you will have to pay per acre.

In general, you should expect to pay the following:
East Texas: $ 5-10 / acre.
Hill Country: $ 10-15 / acre.
South Texas: $ 12 and up.
FSGuide
You are gonna find cost per acre varies widely depending on what area of the state you are looking in and it will also depend on the landowner. I have been on two leases in the same part of one county that were alomst the same size, offered whitetail & mulies, turkey, hogs, dove, quail, electricity, water, year round access. One was less than $7/acre and the other was a little over $12/acre.
Buck Turgidson
I'll take ONE acre, please. But it has to be the RIGHT acre. Preferably in the middle of the King Ranch. Here's my $12.
nnichols
+1 you have to factor in the type of fencing and the proximity to the larger cities.
Vero143
The numbers above are a pretty good estimate. We charge our hunters a little less than the E. TX numbers above along with our hunters in Junction.
DVM97
AG
King Ranche leases for 18-25/acre just FYI. I've been on Lease Finder and it seems most leases are running between 12-30/acre. Too many folks are putting 10 guys on 1200 acres at $2800/man...this is ludicrous IMO, yet those leases are gone in 2 days! Just food for thought.

DVM
TeeShirt RedAss
So 10.50 an acre for a south Texas lease of about 2300 acres that is high fenced and also has Nilgai is a reasonable deal.
DVM97
AG
TeeShirt

Sign me up for that one!

DVM
Shiner Bock
AG
be sure to factor in how many aoudad per acre.
Sean98
AG
Hmmmm... let's see. My hunting ground last year (about 8500 acres) not counting the minerals, etc. that I feed cost me right at $0.00 per acre.

If you count all the mineral, all stands, trail cameras, stands, my bow, arrows, broadheads, etc. it ran about $0.14 per acre.

[This message has been edited by Sean98 (edited 6/6/2010 9:09p).]
DVM97
AG
Yeah, but you have to live in Kansas!! F*** that, I'd pay $100 an acre just to live in Texas where women are hot, Whataburger's abundant, and Aggie Football is just down the road.

DVM
MasterAggie
AG
We pay about $7.50/acre is s texas without water and electricity thats a tad extra. Its a good deal for a decent place with crappy roads. Here at home we pay a ton of hard work and having to deal with occasional intrusion from stupid family members.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.