Outdoors
Sponsored by

Boat Shipping

1,197 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by evestor1
Waterski02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Dad may be giving me his boat. Don't have as much time as I'd like to drive back to TX to get it. I live in CO now and wondering if anybody has shipped a boat longer distances. Searched around for a few quotes, just wanted to know if anybody has any experience or tips.
njw92
AG
I know some have used uship for this. Cheapest by far is to find someone traveling that way who will pull it for a fee.
MouthBQ98
AG
You might be able to get it hot-shotted.
SD_71
AG
MBQ98 has a good point. What town is he in or near. The oilfield is down right now and there are plenty of folks in oilfield areas with hotshot pickups and 1 tons begging for work. For those not familiar these people move small parts and pieces on a as needed basis to well sites, docks, or just from place to place for a set mileage fee (which they set)
WheelinAg
AG
Where are you at in CO? I'll be going to Buena Vista on tuesday. I'm supposed to ride with someone, but could always drive my truck...
Allen76
AG
Two things:

Find a Hot Shot Delivery Service that has come from there to here and will be going back empty. Call the ones in the phone book and tell them what you will wait for.

If you pull a boat that far, be sure to pack all of your wheel bearings on the trailer before you start. You see them fail all the time just in Texas. Imagine hauling one 1000 miles.
Waterski02
AG
I'll look into the hot shot thing, got lots of oil rigs not far west of us.
02, not far from Buenva Vista, actually might be keeping the boat just north of BV in Granite this summer.
Did get a really acctrative bid on uship so thats the way I'm leaning right now.
Post removed:
by user
WheelinAg
AG
Just curious, how much does u-ship cost?
Waterski02
AG
I've got one quote for 555 and two more for 950. Dallas to Avon, CO.
Whoop Delecto
AG
KaneIsAble
AG
!?!?!?!?!?!
Poke_the_Bear
evestor1
This is a timely bump. I know waterski02 very well and I just used uship for a quote on a new boat

985 from lake city SC to Houston TX was cheapest.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.