Outdoors
Sponsored by

Buc-ees in Madisonville

6,784 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by dead zip 01
txaggie02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drove through Madisonville today and hit up the new Buc-ee's (opened on Monday) just on the East side of I-45. This was my first time in a Buc-ee's and that is one hell of a gas station! I'm sure that Woody's in Centerville is going to take a hit from this place. All of their food in the deli looked extremely good. Lots of trail mixes, snacks, and country-type home accents. That place is damn near a Wal-mart. Even had a little stand-alone Buc-ee's Outdoors store with some pretty cool stuff in it.
Twix
AG
You might even find a purse or two for sale there.
schmellba99
AG
Beaver has turned a little gas station on the corner of FM 2004 and Old Angleton Road into quite the empire.
Ag83
AG
quote:
You might even find a purse or two for sale there.

Yeah, but for $8000? That's the only way he rolls apparently in the purse department.
Twix
AG
Dude, he's buying Coach purses, not Hermes purses.
txaggie02
AG
No purses bought today (Thank God).

An $8000 purse?!?!?! I hope I never have to buy one of those. I definitely don't roll like that!

[This message has been edited by txaggie02 (edited 5/17/2009 10:12p).]
swampstander
AG
Did they have primers??
txaggie02
AG
No primers. The outdoors place had clothes, home accents, windmills, fire pits, feeders, fryers, and some hunting accessories.
Ag83
AG
quote:
An $8000 purse?!?!?! I hope I never have to buy one of those. I definitely don't roll like that!

$80, $800, $8000....hell they're all WAY TOO much for a friggin' purse.
TRIDENT
AG
Buc-ees is genius. Step 1. Build ultimate gas station/convenience store with huge parking lot, cheap ice and clean restrooms. Step 2. Market the hell out of it with billboards for hundreds of miles. Step 3. Profit.
kingkroop
it doesnt hurt to have your own gas supply too
MasterAggie
AG
They have some really good jerkey but they are really proud of it.
tmanAg08
AG
quote:
I hope I never have to buy one of those.

You're doing it wrong!
big ben
AG
Was wanting to fill up on my way home yesterday and it was waaaaaay too packed. Went across the street where there was no one and paid the same.
B-1 83
AG
I've seen the beaver!!!!!
ColoradoMooseHerd
The Applin Family Crawfish Boil was one of my favorite Annual Events. I used to live very closee to the Old Angleton Road & 2004 location. Cannot tell you how many times we stopped there.
txaggie02
AG
quote:
Was wanting to fill up on my way home yesterday and it was waaaaaay too packed.

Too packed? They have like 50 pumps (seriously, no joking). Most pumps I have ever seen at a gas station. How could it have been too packed? There were lots of people there, but the place is the size of Six Flags. And there were hottie moms all over the damn place. I walked around there for 20 minutes and never saw one thing they were trying to see in the station.
MasterAggie
AG
quote:
Too packed? They have like 50 pumps (seriously, no joking). Most pumps I have ever seen at a gas station. How could it have been too packed?

I have seen the one in Luling with lines at every pump (no s***) and NO parking left anywhere.
FSGuide
I have been waiting for that one to open. When I go to Houston & Conroe that is right about the area I usualy have to stop & drop the kids off at the pool. If the bathrooms stalls are anything like the ones they have in the store between Houston & San Antone, I'm gonna test out their plumbing every trip there & back.
jh0400
AG
Prasek's FTW. Best convenience store / gas station ever.
law80
AG
Talk about changing the gas prices in that area. We have a ranch in the Midway area off of 21 and when they opened Buc-ees those stations around 45 sure took it in the hind side. Go into Madisonville and regular is anywhere from $2.15-$2.23 get to 45 and they are all $1.98.
dead zip 01
AG
their best marketing ploy is to not allow 18 wheelers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.