Microsoft lays off 1900 ATVI/Blizzard/XBox employees

4,957 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Artorias
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think bloated is a good term. Once a company hits a certain size you start seeing the "we grow or we die" philosophy take hold.

I think a lot of these Devs have been stuck in that growth cycle and a lot of them just needed a reset. It just sucks cause it effects people's careers.
YouBet
AG
jr15aggie said:

I think bloated is a good term. Once a company hits a certain size you start seeing the "we grow or we die" philosophy take hold.

I think a lot of these Devs have been stuck in that growth cycle and a lot of them just needed a reset. It just sucks cause it effects people's careers.

Yeah, I hate this mentality. Drives me nuts.
bluefire579
AG
Three months later, pour one out for Arkane Austin, Tango (Hi-Fi Rush), and Alpha Dog (mobile titles). Roadhouse will merge with Zenimax Online

https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-closes-redfall-developer-arkane-austin-hifi-rush-developer-tango-gameworks-and-more-in-devastating-cuts-at-bethesda

Studio Director of Arkane Lyon is, understandably, a bit upset

jr15aggie
AG
Tango Gameworks is surprising... I enjoyed both Evil Within Games and Hi-Fi Rush has been one of the very few recent Xbox published games to actually get widespread praise.

The Arkane Austin closure isn't surprising, but it really sucks. Good studio that, from what we hear, had no interest in making the type of game that was forced on them in Redfall. The game was an utter failure and most of the main people that made that studio great have been gone for months... not a surprising cut at all.
Artorias
AG
The bloodletting in the game industry is not over. Expect more to come throughout this year. It is pretty rough right now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.