Wall mount - 65" tv going in deep space

1,141 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by YouBet
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for a full motion wall mount for a 65" tv. It's going in a relative tight space in a nook in our living room that most importantly needs to extend like 30 inches to be flush with the opening. Obviously needs to be a sturdy to have to extend that far.
YouBet
AG
My recommendation is to not let BenFiasco14 hang this for you.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Lol don't know the story. Just want to make sure I buy whatever quality I need that isn't crap and what the nerdery deems acceptable.
YouBet
AG
I can't help you. I completely outsource this kind of stuff.
File5
AG
I had this exact situation and bought one from Costco, probably the middle or high capacity one. Works like a charm.
aTm2004
AG
Does it have to go back into the space when not in use? If not, you could build a false wall and hang a normal TV mount on it.
stridulent
AG
I definitely recommend (as the user above) to build a false wall or 2x4 frame to mount it to if the TV doesn't have to recess into the space.
AgsMyDude
AG
YouBet said:

To who?
YouBet
AG
AgsMyDude said:

YouBet said:

To who?
Audio/video people/companies. I learned long ago I hate this ****; I'm not good at it. Someone smarter than me installs, hangs, and networks everything. I just use it.

Not f'ing with any of this. It makes me suicidal.
AgsMyDude
AG
YouBet said:

AgsMyDude said:

YouBet said:

To who?
Audio/video people/companies. I learned long ago I hate this ****; I'm not good at it. Someone smarter than me installs, hangs, and networks everything. I just use it.

Haha fair enough
agdoc2001
AG
YouBet said:

AgsMyDude said:

YouBet said:

To who?

I have rarely met people who know less about about AV than those who work for AV companies. Just because some guy shows up in a volkswagen with Geek Squad on the side doesn't mean he has a clue.

For the mount, you can definitely find some "long arm" tv mounts on Amazon that will give you the 30" or more, but that's a lot of cantilever. I wouldn't trust any mount to be able to support a TV at that distance long term. I agree with the false wall idea or at least mounting a couple of 2x4s to the studs, then the TV mount to the wood to cut down on the extension needed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FatZilla
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Any recommendations for a full motion wall mount for a 65" tv. It's going in a relative tight space in a nook in our living room that most importantly needs to extend like 30 inches to be flush with the opening. Obviously needs to be a sturdy to have to extend that far.

Just used this exact mount in my office for my 65" as it needed to extend out and then turn a good amount to get around the shelving. It works great.

FORGING MOUNT Corner TV Wall Mount Long Arm TV Mount Bracket for 32"-75" TVs-Easy to Install Single Stud Design- 33" of Smooth Extension Plus Swivel,Tilt,Max VESA 600X400mm,Holds 100lbs https://a.co/d/hJY3Pqz
The Fife
TVs going into deep space shouldn't be a problem. There were loads of them on DS9 and It has "Deep Space" right in the name.
YouBet
AG
agdoc2001 said:

YouBet said:

AgsMyDude said:

YouBet said:

To who?

I have rarely met people who know less about about AV than those who work for AV companies. Just because some guy shows up in a volkswagen with Geek Squad on the side doesn't mean he has a clue.

For the mount, you can definitely find some "long arm" tv mounts on Amazon that will give you the 30" or more, but that's a lot of cantilever. I wouldn't trust any mount to be able to support a TV at that distance long term. I agree with the false wall idea or at least mounting a couple of 2x4s to the studs, then the TV mount to the wood to cut down on the extension needed.

Well, I don't use Geek Squad. Regardless, whoever works at Geek Squad probably still knows more than I do.

AV is my nemesis. You might as well ask me to read Chinese. I just want to hit the On button and for it all to work. Now that doesn't stop me from tinkering on stuff and trouble shooting on my own but it requires research and much rage for me to do it.

I absolutely lose my mind when something goes awry with AV. It's irrational. I won't let my my wife touch anything for fear of her messing something up and me not figuring out how to get it back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.