Houston Electronics Store - Fujitsu Mobile 160GB Hard Drive

487 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SlackerAg
Wocka Wocka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in a bind professionally and have a piece of equipment down that needs a replacement hard drive.

Is anyone aware of a Houston based store that would potentially have a CA06889 Fujitsu Mobile 160GB 5400RPM SATA 1.5Gbps 8MB Cache 2.5-inch Hard Drive on the shelf?
Wildmen03
AG
I'm going to be the guy that asks. Is there a reason it has to be that drive vs a newer more accessible drive?
FatZilla
AG
That is a very very old spin drive that even if you find a new old stock purchase option somewhere, you will pay through the nose for. What is stopping you from upgrading it to an ssd 2.5 sata drive?
UmustBKidding
My bet is windows 95 and a bios that does not support>256MB. Been there done that
satexas
AG
1. If you're dealing with a RAID, which is maybe why you're trying to match.. you can use a bigger drive, and just 'lose the difference' on the replacement. (Still cheaper than finding an OLD drive)

2. If you're dealing with RAID, make sure you replace it with another equally slow RPM drive versus the faster 7200RPM models.
SlackerAg
AG
New Egg sells them refurbished:

https://www.newegg.com/p/1Z4-001R-008K6

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.