CoD Vanguard PC - Tech Support Fail

398 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
Jason_InfinityRoofer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TLDR; first world problem, but when did people and tech support stop being able to figure out gaming problems with gaming systems that are PC based?

I used to play video games in college a fair bit. As expected, life took off, I grew up and had other stuff to do and I stopped to play adult for a while. Fast forward to today when my kids are playing. They have Xboxes and COD came up. This should be fun, it'll be like playing half life online in Moore Hall. So, I decided to purchase and install on my PC. It worked fine. My daughter wanted to play so I set up an account for her on her PC. It did not work fine. It said launching, and then playing, and then…nothing. No errors. No info. Just shadow crash. Like nothing happened. Battle net never shut down. No big deal…tech support to the rescue.

WHAT IN THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR COMPUTERS? To say it sucks is being nice. It's email based so it takes WEEKS to get simple things done. I googled the issue and it turns out it's incredibly common but no one has a real fix. What the heck does tech support do if they can't support technical issues? Tech support is clueless, by clueless I mean it took 5 weeks to get to a point where they say they will escalate to someone and let me know. I guess they are still looking into it.

Anyway, I finally got fed up and had blizzard issue a full refund which they begrudgingly did.

These machines we are playing on are retired geophysical workstations. They are a few years old, yes, but they are running dual Xeon processors, 128gb or 256gb of memory and 8 or 12gb GeForce cards. Why it works on one and not the other I don't know and activision is stumped.

It's infuriating to me to know that we don't have options for real live tech support. Do people not use PC enough to justify it?

Anyway, I never got a resolution for my daughter, got my money back, and am quite disappointed and won't likely be taking a chance again.

Just disappointed and wondering if anyone has ever gotten decent support if you are n unfortunate soul where it doesn't work like it should.

Is this how tech support is handled now? Not really liking to fix the problem, just curious. My kids got burned out with the game and bored during the time I was trying to troubleshoot the game, so they've moved on to other games. It just took what could have been a fun time and turned it into a clusterf- the likes of which I couldn't have fathomed although I was clued in when the first step was the restart my computer and uninstall and reinstall the game. Yep…gonna be that level of tech support. Got it.
HumbleAg04
AG
PC gaming tech support is google and figure out / fix yourself.
El_duderino
HumbleAg04 said:

PC gaming tech support is google and figure out / fix yourself.

Unfortunately this.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
Yeah, that's what I did because that's how it worked 20 years ago. Unfortunately, I found the problem….a lot…..everywhere….but there were only a couple of rare cases where a solution was offered that did not work for me or most other users. That was about it.

Looks like the second fix is "do nothing and hope it's fixed in an update between now and 2030." Lol.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.