EVGA dropping out of GPU market

7 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tamusc
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
25 years with nvidia, and they are dropping out.

no consideration for working with AMD or Intel either.

javajaws
AG
Not too surprising that somebody would stop making NVIDIA cards (especially in this market), a little surprised it is EVGA though to do so first.

I definitely see the POV of NVIDIA, especially when they are under price pressure. A little sleazy to treat your partners like they are though. Sounds like they want the best of both worlds but will have to choose shortly between one or the other - use partners or don't.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
javajaws
AG
Also, now kind of funny that a company with "vga" in its name won't be selling graphics cards (stands for video graphics array if you didn't know). Sure its a legacy term, but now so is EVGA lol.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
agdoc2001
AG
That's nuts. Best customer service and trade up program have made them my go to cards.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bregxit
AG
I don't remember the last time I bought anything but an EVGA card. I've used their product since the beginning.

I think the last brand I bought before EVGA was Diamond or 3dfx.
kb2001
AG
Thanks for posting this
evan_aggie
AG
Bregxit said:

I don't remember the last time I bought anything but an EVGA card. I've used their product since the beginning.

Ah brings back memories. 3dfx had the coolest ads/marketing back then: voodoo!

my first graphics card purchase was a Diamond Monster II 8MB...with Mech warrior.

I've bought many cards and always rotated between Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA
NavyAg22
Best card maker on the market and the only one who makes hybrid cooler AIOs. INSANELY good customer service through EVGA as well. They are the only company to setup a queue for their products instead of letting bots purchase up the entire supply instantly.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
agdoc2001
AG
NavyAg22 said:

Best card maker on the market and the only one who makes hybrid cooler AIOs. INSANELY good customer service through EVGA as well. They are the only company to setup a queue for their products instead of letting bots purchase up the entire supply instantly.

What about the Seahawk from msi?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NavyAg22
agdoc2001 said:

NavyAg22 said:

What about the Seahawk from msi?
Eh? Want to clarify what it is you want to know? Queues, customer service, or AIOs?
agdoc2001
AG
Is that model not a hybrid cooler AIO?
NavyAg22
agdoc2001 said:

Is that model not a hybrid cooler AIO?
I stand corrected. It is.
tamusc
AG
Bummer, my last four GPUs have been EVGA and their customer service was excellent when my 3090 died during a waterblock install.

They are truly a company run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and I'm not sure there's anyone else in the space that's even close.
NavyAg22
tamusc said:

Bummer, my last four GPUs have been EVGA and their customer service was excellent when my 3090 died during a waterblock install.

They are truly a company run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and I'm not sure there's anyone else in the space that's even close.
They have replaced without hesitation multiple cards for me. Truly a great company
Tibbers
Is this in response to the China - U.S. policy on microchips going into effect?
UmustBKidding
Good friend of mine was the sr engineer for card at 3dfx. Was at tandy and stb system before that. He has lots of old stuff from that era, probably every 3dfx product but things like trs prototypes built on perf boards and plywood were more interesting. When Nvidia lost a patient suit with 3dfx they figured cheaper to buy 3dfx than pay the judgement and royalties. Said went from cool and innovative to crap in an instant.
They have a history of killing innovative oem.
The Fife
evan_aggie said:

Bregxit said:

Ah brings back memories. 3dfx had the coolest ads/marketing back then: voodoo!

my first graphics card purchase was a Diamond Monster II 8MB...with Mech warrior.

I've bought many cards and always rotated between Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA
I still have mine - Diamond Monster Voodoo 1 card with passthrough cable!
tamusc
AG

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.