Questions about Mailchimp

613 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been asked to transfer our current newsletter (created in Word) to a document in Mailchimp. I've got a few questions about this process:
  • Our newsletter is very word-intensive with very few graphics. Is a Mailchimp document capable of communicating several pages of primarily text?
  • I've tried several different strategies but haven't been able to copy and paste from our Word document to the Mailchimp document. Is there an easy way? (I understand that Word and Mailchimp aren't speaking the same language so a direct copy and paste isn't feasible.)
  • Any good, free templates out there for me to try and use?
Koko Chingo
AG
Can your newsletter be a webpage and all you do is send out the link?

That way you could even text it out if people opt for text versus email
PincheDriller
AG
Sharepoint?
n_touch
Quick solution is to copy in word, paste in notepad. Copy from Notepad and then paste into mailchimp. Once there then you can format it as needed.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Koko Chingo said:

Can your newsletter be a webpage and all you do is send out the link?

That way you could even text it out if people opt for text versus email
Mailchimp will sometimes flag stuff like this as spam, or at the least it will receive a high spam score, which will limit the number of inboxes it actually makes it to. Including a link to a web version of the message is better as a tag/button (i.e. "View this message on the web")

In my experience, Mailchimp can easily handle messages that are primarily text, but they often result in a reduction in open rates because most people don't want ot read a "wall of text" in a message. You might consider small pics or graphics with teaser text and "click hear to learn more" that takes them to a larger body of text on your website.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.