Amazon prime delivery prpblem

887 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FatZilla
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obviously a first world issue, but it really pissing me off and has caused a couple things I needed to not arrive on time.

Their, new to me, "Amazon delivery day" scam, I mean option.

I made the mistake of choosing to let something a couple weeks ago be delivered on that day since I didn't need it 2nd day and they inticed me with a digital credit. Now everything I order defaults to the delivery day instead of the 1 or 2 day shipping. Since most of the things I order, I actually want in 1 or 2 days, this caused problems on 2 deliveries before I figured out what was going on.

Shouldn't be a big deal. Went into the convoluted account menus to change back the default. Guess what. You cannot change it back. Yes, I can always make sure to change the delivery option, but that is a pia that I should not have to do every time. Why the hell would I want to pay for prime to have things shipped a week later routinely?

Google suggested I am not alone in being frustrated by this, but didn't give any solutions.

Do my fellow incredibly smart Ags have a solution?
FatZilla
AG
You unselect it on this screen is how it should work.
kb2001
AG
Login, go to Account. Under Ordering and Shipping Preferences, click Your Amazon Day

Click Manage Your Amazon Day

Uncheck the box that FatZilla referred to and click Save
C@LAg
all for some "digital credit".

I paid for 2 day delivery , I get 2 day delivery.
Absolute
AG
So mine looks like the below. But is defaulting to Amazon delivery day.

Absolute
AG
Tried, several times, to pick a day, choose the make it default option, save then go back and remove it. I get a nice email thanking me for choosing a day and making it default. But nada for eliminating it and, though it shows being removed, it does not actually make it change in the system. Nor do I get an amail confirming its removal.
Tailgate88
AG
Go to the help section and choose the Chat option. I have had pretty good luck with their chat agents resolving issues.
lb3
AG
I had this issue and had to call customer service to remove the Amazon Day option b/c the remove option was greyed out for me.
Absolute
AG
Tried the chat.

They said they fixed it.

Would appear they did not.

Awesome.....
txyaloo
AG
Absolute said:

Tried the chat.

They said they fixed it.

Would appear they did not.

Awesome.....
email jeff@amazon.com

Bezos isn't there anymore but I suspect their executive escalations still respond to that email address
Foamcows
AG
delete the app and reinstall?
FatZilla
AG
Foamcows said:

delete the app and reinstall?

Its not app based, prime day is saved on the Amazon server and used for website as well as the app.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.