Apple watch for both elderly parent AND tween kid?

429 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BCG Disciple
Beckdiesel03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need help figuring out the best set up going forward for both my elderly mom and my younger son and looking at it I "think" this might be the best route, but I am definitely not tech advanced and need some walking through this.
When I first looked into apple watch it was just for my son and I saw where I could add him into our family plan without necessarily needing to get him his own line- is that right? I really just need to be able to track him down and talk and text when he is away. He will not be a frequent user of the watch. However also in the last month, my mom who lives alone, has fallen and luckily was able to get herself inside but I dont want to chance that. She is also currently at a high risk for stroke so I really want to be able to keep an eye on her more so than my son. I am the main account holder for our family phones, including hers. Is the apple watch what I want for both of these situations? I would appreciate any help and insight because I have no clue what I am doing at this point. TIA
AggieT
AG
My son has an Apple watch. He got it when he was 11, and I didn't want to give him a phone quite yet. It works great, and only costs ~$10/mo. Sounds like exactly what you want.

It might work for your mother if she can figure it out.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Thank you, yes my son is 11 and has no use for a phone yet, but needs something.
I was hoping for my mom I could use that to be able to able to see any problems, or where she is at or get alarms if she had possibly fallen. I just do not know that much about them to know if that is possible
AggieT
AG
It will work for that if she can figure out how to use it (and keep it charged!). My Mom wears one now when she goes for walks after having a few unexplained fainting instances that landed her in the hospital. You can track it, and it has fall alerts. Is it 100% reliable? Probably not, but better than nothing for peace of mind. She even shows her cardiologist the health info it collects when she goes in for an appointment.

We got my son the SE model (cheap), but I'm not sure which one my mom uses.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
BCG Disciple
AG
My kid has an SE. it is great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.