Recording from Streaming Music Service

660 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by missyaggie
missyaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is going to show my age (in more ways than one), but I need input. I listen to SiriusXM 70s on 7 every Saturday to catch Casey Kasem Top 40. During football season I watch football but would still like to be able to listen to the show.

Is there a free or relatively cheap program that would allow me to record an mp3 version of this? It would be nice if I could schedule it, but that is not essential.

I have a Windows 11 laptop.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
I haven't personally done it but this link should help: Sirius Radio Recorder
I am not the Six Million Dollar Man, but I might need that surgery. "We have the technology, we can rebuild him!"
FatZilla
AG
missyaggie said:

This is going to show my age (in more ways than one), but I need input. I listen to SiriusXM 70s on 7 every Saturday to catch Casey Kasem Top 40. During football season I watch football but would still like to be able to listen to the show.

Is there a free or relatively cheap program that would allow me to record an mp3 version of this? It would be nice if I could schedule it, but that is not essential.

I have a Windows 11 laptop.
Do they podcast the show online afterwards at all? That same program looks to be broadcast on iHeart, Audacy and many other stations own websites. They might be easier to rip the stream from than Sirius.
aTm2004
AG
Can you not add the show to your favorites and listen to it in podcast form? I do this to a few ESPNU shows during college football.
missyaggie
AG
Thanks, I didn't know about Audacy. I can listen to several there.
missyaggie
AG
I don't think this can be done for the AT40 show, might be a licensing issue. Also could be user error
Fannie Luddite
AG
I've used Total Recorder for years.

Total Recorder
tallgrant
Same on Total Recorder. Fantastic program.
missyaggie
AG
Thank you! I had not found that one. I used a freebie last week that worked, but it was cumbersome and didn't have great sound. Total Recorder should do the trick!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.