COD Modern Warfare II

44,074 Views | 694 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Thunder18
MaroonStain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No thread for a new game that is 3 months out?!?

Slacking, boys, slacking I tell ya.
Average Joe
AG
New COD, same as the old COD.
Teslag
AG
Exactly. I've already played this game like 6 times in the past 10 years.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
There are no good FPS games anymore. I had hope for Infinite, but it was trash. Still waiting on campaign co-op. COD will be trash, too. They should have left it alone.
El_duderino
I'll be getting it. Always playing SnD and still on MW, so I'm ready for the next. vanguard was trash
LoneStarAg10
AG
MaroonStain said:

Is it going to bring you out of retirement????
HossAg
AG
Cold War was the last decent COD we'll ever have. Activision has pushed this new formula too hard. Game just caters to campers and ****ty players. Maps suck, spawns make no sense anymore, and visibility is ass. I have zero hopes for MW2. I hate how they killed the old style of COD with MW 2019.
El_duderino
Reduce/remove sbmm, bring back old prestige system, and let us stay in the same lobby for as long as we wish. I can't stand a new lobby every single game. Game chat is so much better when people are talking trash for multiple games
HossAg
AG
They won't do any of that, because the bad players will just quit playing again when the game doesn't cater to them. Same reason the map design was so bad in MW and Vanguard, they switched to squad spawns to make it impossible to control the spawns with good map positioning, and they made the mini map not even work. The only positive thing to come out of MW2019 was the new engine and the new graphics (colors were way too dull and the maps were too busy, though).
El_duderino
They did get footstep volume correct with Vanguard though. That was a massive contributor for camping in MW. I can hear someone halfway across the map
HossAg
AG
It's lower on Vanguard right? That was another huge problem with MW. They took away dead silence as a perk and made footsteps loud AF. They just did everything they could to make that game suck. It's like they balanced the gameplay for a BR mode and then just patched together some ****ty multiplayer maps for a horrible multiplayer experience while they raked in the cash from Warzone. People forget the game was starting to die before Warzone finally got announced.
El_duderino
Yes way quieter in vanguard. I wish they'd go back to the old perk styl of MW3
HossAg
AG
Yeah that or BO2. I think BO2 nailed it with Pick 10. That game was pretty much perfect.
Pman17
AG
Just gonna wait and see. I think with the first modern MW, it was already half off a few months later.

Starting to get back into Battlefield 2042 now that things have smoothed out. I really enjoy Halo Infinite, but I stop playing after I have nothing to work for so just siping on the season pass and not blowing through it in one month out of the 6 months.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
RuneScape is better
chilidogfood
AG
coleasterling said:

There are no good FPS games anymore. I had hope for Infinite, but it was trash. Still waiting on campaign co-op. COD will be trash, too. They should have left it alone.
Hell Let Loose is the best FPS in a looong time.

If you can get past the initial shock of constantly dieing to apparently nothing, the strategy, environment and team work are incredible.

Caveats: You need a mic and a willingness to communicate.
HossAg
AG
How does it run on PC? I'm partial to cracked out movement/aim based games like Apex and COD, but I might give it a try.
chilidogfood
AG
It's a 'made for PC' game, but it's a small dev company. I dont know what you mean by 'cracked out' shooter.

The game is way less about quick reflex shooting than it is about being patient and having good team strat.

Watch some YT's on it. There are lots of instructional guides online for the best way to play each role. Search for a guy by the name of monoespacial.

The game doesnt really reward individual solo effort and doesnt even directly show your KDR at the end of the matches in order to keep glory seekers in check.
StinkyPinky
AG
El_duderino said:

Reduce/remove sbmm, bring back old prestige system, and let us stay in the same lobby for as long as we wish. I can't stand a new lobby every single game. Game chat is so much better when people are talking trash for multiple games
This is what killed it for me. The chatter and emotional players where always as interesting as the game itself.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
chilidogfood said:

coleasterling said:

Hell Let Loose is the best FPS in a looong time.

If you can get past the initial shock of constantly dieing to apparently nothing, the strategy, environment and team work are incredible.

Caveats: You need a mic and a willingness to communicate.
Hell Let Loose is a solid...meh. I'm not looking for a simulation in any shooter I want to play. I'm looking for a quick-playing, consistent and repeatable experience. It's more of a MMORPG.
chilidogfood
AG
Different strokes, i guess.

I have to disagree with the MMORPG part, though. There is no RPG element to the game. 50v50 matches, so maybe MMO makes sense, but idk. Matches last typically only last 30-60min. (90min is absolute stalemate max)

I think I just got too old for the new age shooters. ib4 "get gud old man"
MaroonStain
AG
LoneStarAg10 said:

MaroonStain said:

Is it going to bring you out of retirement????

Yes. After I retired from Warzone, I played MW multiplayer and it was awesome! Plus, BF2042 should be 'BDF2042'. Cold War wasn't that bad but not that fun neither.

Cannot wait to pick the crappiest guns and stick with them until diamond skins.
El_duderino
Weren't you the guy in our regiment that was level 500-600 or something?
MaroonStain
AG
Yeah. Worstest high ranked player I think.
El_duderino
I respect the grind. It's mind numbing trying to grind camos for me
MaroonStain
AG
El_duderino said:

I respect the grind. It's mind numbing trying to grind camos for me

Easiest weapon: Sykov
Hardest: ...any rocket launcher...
jr15aggie
AG
How was single player in the MW remake? Wouldn't mind getting both just for that experience. Although, with Xbox set to acquire Activision, it's a good bet that the first one will be free with Gamepass. They might both be.
Thunder18
AG
Played many a game of BR with ol MaroonStain on MW. Hopefully MW2 isn't a massive disappointment (not holding my breath on that)
MaroonStain
AG
Been watching Snoop Dogg's streams. Homedude flat out gets after it and is super into it. I'm going to try and invite him to the Reg when we are up and running.
MaroonStain
AG
Thunder18 said:

Played many a game of BR with ol MaroonStain on MW. Hopefully MW2 isn't a massive disappointment (not holding my breath on that)

Definitely going to start out in multiplayer this go-around.
El_duderino
I think I might actually camo grind this COD. Ready to rip with the ACR
YNWA_AG
AG
MaroonStain
AG
JackFrags has a good update/guess from leaks.
zip04
AG
I've been enjoying Fortnite (no build), but will be purchasing this as well. I loved warzone until cheating became a huge issue. The ever changing meta (based solely on the items in their store so they can make more money) was frustrating, but the standard guns were always more than viable, they would just bounce between S tier and A tier.
El_duderino
Whatever they do, they better make Warzone 2 a separate download from MW2 unlike MW2019 and the first warzone. I can't stand massive updates just because of Warzone and something in multiplayer always breaks when they update Warzone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.