Converting an MP4 video to pdf??

975 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by kb2001
T264
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Problem- I need to upload several videos to a marketing website that only accepts pdf, png, jpg, doc, tiff files.....However - the videos I have are all in MP4 format!
Is there a way to convert?
Thank you
trueaggie2782
AG
I don't think you can convert. At least I haven't heard of that. However, you should be able to put it as an attachment inside of a pdf.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html
Stat Monitor Repairman
Getting laserdisc vibes here.
trueaggie2782
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Getting laserdisc vibes here.

No kidding. If it was the general board I would've stayed quiet. There is a slight chance that this is legit since it was posted here.
Tabasco
AG
Yeah I agree with the above poster. Definitely convert it to laser disc. I'm outside on my mobile grilling so probably too difficult to search for the old thread.
FatZilla
AG
T264 said:

Problem- I need to upload several videos to a marketing website that only accepts pdf, png, jpg, doc, tiff files.....However - the videos I have are all in MP4 format!
Is there a way to convert?
Thank you

Can embed it if you pay for the advanced software.
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/rich-media.html
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
1st step is going to be converting this with the frontline narration app. Hope you're up for a little weekend editing.
Thanks & Gig 'Em
FatZilla
AG
Just a thought, any reason you can't just upload them to youtube and just embed a link to the video in a word doc and just print to pdf from there? Mark the videos as unlisted if you want them more private/unsearchable.
satexas
AG
Woah woah woah. Stop, you're wasting time.

Their upload system only supports static content, not video. You may need to get that to them but that's not the method - conversion.

Create a free Dropbox, put the files it in, send them an email to
The Dropbox…. And wait.

Converting video will cause all kinds issues, and they'll want it in original format. The issue is a disconnect of some kind between you and them regarding upload method/info.

TRUST ME.

Call them during business hours and ask questions.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
T264
AG
Thanks for the replies- will try the Dropbox route
exitone
AG
Can you just rename the extension from mp4 to pdf and upload. Then when they receive, they just need to rename back to mp4?
T264
AG
Got it done via the YouTube route. Thanks for the responses
saw em off
Sounds like a dumb marketing company if they're wanting you to upload videos but don't accept video files.
kb2001
AG
Just move through the video frame by frame and capture a screenshot of each one. You can do it to TIF for highest quality, or PNG for decent quality.
satexas
AG
kb2001 said:

Just move through the video frame by frame and capture a screenshot of each one. You can do it to TIF for highest quality, or PNG for decent quality.

You realllllllllllllllllllly misread this thread.

He's dealing with a dumb media company that didn't give him a way to upload a video file, so he went off on this crazy tangent about how to get them video via a still.

And anything he does, including youtube, degrades the quality of his video.

This all should have been resolved by him calling them on the phone.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
kb2001
AG
satexas said:

kb2001 said:

You realllllllllllllllllllly misread this thread.

He's dealing with a dumb media company that didn't give him a way to upload a video file, so he went off on this crazy tangent about how to get them video via a still.

And anything he does, including youtube, degrades the quality of his video.

This all should have been resolved by him calling them on the phone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.