PC/Server Equipment for Sale

983 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by File5
File5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fellow Nerdery Denizens,

As mrad85 mentioned in his previous email, I'm helping him out with selling it. Sort of like a consignment shop I suppose! All items appear to be very lightly used, and the PC servers and NAS appear to have minimal runtime (thinking less than a month, barely any dust in anything). All items turn on and appear to function normally.

Pic of everything cleaned up and drawing the ire of my wife:

(Drafting table is for sale if anyone wants that too!)

Below is the list of available items and the current asking price, I will update the inventory as things sell and prices as needed to get rid of it all. I've tried to make it about 65-75% of current asking on the net but am happy to negotiate. In addition to the items below, there is cabling GALORE including VGA KVM cables for all of the servers, power cables, USB cables, probably 1000' + of ethernet cables, and also 300'+ of speaker wires. Will throw in the appropriate power/KVM/ethernet cables with the servers for free.

You can post here, send me a DM, or email me at file5ive@gmail.com if interested, I am located in West Houston and can ship or meet in person (in person probably easier). I plan to keep it here but will cross post to Classifieds if low interest. Thanks!
File5
AG
Will do this bump then put over on Classifieds. No interest in any of these? Really surprised no one wants the remaining NAS w/20 TB or any UPS backups at the very least. Happy to adjust prices w/feedback! Great stuff for a homelab setup...

I will also say I powered up the servers and they are extremely quiet! Good for a first PC for someone, or make it a Linux box to mess around with. Thanks!
FatZilla
AG
Not sure if its possible but any way to check hours of use for the 1100 backups or capacity left when full? If the batteries are heavily used then the backups are not worth as much.
UmustBKidding
Maybe interested in nas email in profile
File5
AG
Great question! Also, I'll have to go edit my post - turns out the Cyberpower UPS are 1500, not 1100 (they put a list of multiple models on back, I only read top one). Model number is LX1500GU.

So I checked the CP ones and they all said fully charged, 1000 min runtime left. The APC 1500 units both were dead and so I'm charging them to see what they get to. Will keep you posted.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I'd be interested in one of the servers, but I think cost of shipping to PA is going to be prohibitive.
File5
AG
What city do you live in? I am looking to get them outta here asap so I'm happy to ship if needed and include it in the $150 price.
FatZilla
AG
File5 said:

What city do you live in? I am looking to get them outta here asap so I'm happy to ship if needed and include it in the $150 price.

Just be sure to pack the case interior if it has a gfx card or tower cooler to help provide support to them. Seen plenty of custom pcs with busted cards or sockets even with custom foam molds holding the parts in place due to rough handling. Paper or bubble wrap wads are probably the easiest to acquire and use. Dont use peanuts though lol, seen a thread about that before where they had the fedex/ups store fill the interior with peanuts and the end user was still digging them out long after getting it and some even melted to the mobo after use.
File5
AG
Great idea, thanks for that! I have never shipped a pc so more than likely I wouldn't have filled it with anything...
File5
AG
As an update to those interested in the Synology NAS systems, these DS1515+ diskstations are not powering up correctly at the moment. They do turn on with troubleshooting, and appear to be subject to 1 or 2 common errors on these machines. These can be found with their remedies on this page:
https://miketabor.com/fixing-a-synology-ds1515-not-powering-on/

I have ordered the transistors, resistors, and batteries and will be attempting to make the repairs to these. Will knock off another $100 in price as a result if/when I get them powering on smoothly. Thanks!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.