Gaming Laptop under 900

883 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WHOOP!'91
tate504
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been out of the pc world for awhile. Hoping I can leverage you fine people.

I am looking for the best gaming laptop I can get under 900.

If I can find one with 1tb storage that would be great. My wife and I will use this for the "family" laptop but I'm leveraging this time to get a decent gaming laptop as well. Storage import. Battery life to not suck is great. We have a newborn so I am hoping to get something that I can play games on for awhile. This will be my only opening for the next few years.

Thank you for all the work you do.

If it helps I'm looking at these two at the moment. Any opinions between the two? That $100 difference is what I'm wrestling with.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/637468/msi-katana-gf66-11ud-002-156-gaming-laptop-computer-platinum-collection-black

Or

https://www.microcenter.com/product/633627/asus-tuf-gaming-a15-tuf506qe-ms74-156-laptop-computer-platinum-collection-gray
FatZilla
AG
What games?
tate504
AG
Currently I play a lot of Civ 6 and crusader kings 2.

Elder scrolls series. Kernel space program.

I would love to be able to place the new open world games coming out. It don't care if it's on full settings or not.

What I am looking for is how much computer can I get for around that price that in the future I still play newer games decently well?

Hopefully that makes sense. Bonus points if the laptop itself doesn't look obnoxious
FatZilla
AG
A 5600G based system can handle civ just fine. Built a budy a desktop system for 600 or so around that cpu. Should be able to use that cpu as a baseline for a pre-built laptop.
tate504
AG
Perfect. That's actually a lot of help. Thanks
JTA1029
AG
Yeah I think both of the systems you posted check all of your boxes. No clear standout winner between the two.

I've always liked the TUF line from Asus. But to be honest, I've had few and far enough between hardware failures over the last ten years that maybe it's just the theming I like.
WHOOP!'91
AG
I recently purchased an HP OMEN 16 for $999. Ryzen 7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and RTX3050ti. I have been pleased so far; pulling 90 FPS on LOTRO at 5120x1440 resolution.

The Asus machines are nice but not terribly inexpensive for the performance.

Check out this MSI on sale at BestBuy under your budget with a nice GPU...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gf65-15-6-144hz-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-nvidia-geforce-rtx3060-512gb-ssd-8gb-memory-black/6456144.p?skuId=6456144

Processor and RAM not great, but GPU is nice for the price.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.