T-Mobile 5G Home Internet?

1,200 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nagler
rebel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone using this? If so, has it been a good experience?

We currently have AT&T but our promotional discount is set to expire and they aren't offering any new ones.
TXTransplant
I posted this same question on the Houston board a few months ago for the same reason (ATT discounts were expiring and they aren't offering any incentives).

One person replied and said it works well for him.

I opted to stay with ATT because I had a bunch of credits and a wanted to get my bill back to normal. But I'm still tempted. I would just want to "test" the 5G before cancelling ATT.
boy09
AG
I check availability periodically just out of curiosity, I still can't get it in my area. I work in construction and getting internet to jobsite office trailers is always a headache. This would be a great solution.

No-go for Verizon either..
EMY92
AG
I've used it for 6 or 7 months.

I do not get the same data speeds that I get with my phone. But, it's plenty fast/enough bandwidth for me to stream on multiple devices while working from home.

I think it's great for the price and I know that T Mobile will not raise the price. I also like how they give the price with everything included.
tfunk02
AG
They offer a 15 day trial. Results will vary depending on the closest tower and what tech that tower has in it.
I've heard some get below 50 Mbps and some get over 400 Mbps.
FatZilla
AG
boy09 said:

I check availability periodically just out of curiosity, I still can't get it in my area. I work in construction and getting internet to jobsite office trailers is always a headache. This would be a great solution.

No-go for Verizon either..

Got any family members whose address can get it? Its completely mobile after you get it.
boy09
AG
I've tried several addresses around here, and i usually check the addresses of our projects, which are all over south TX. Haven't had an address work for me yet.
tfunk02
AG
People say you can call in to T-Mobile and convince them to let you have one even if your address is not on the website.

It's worth a try if you are desperate.
jaggiemaggie
AG
We have it at our place in Surfside. I haven't checked what speed it gets what never has any issue watching dianey+ on the TV while using a couple of iPads and security camera.
Nagler
AG
tfunk02 said:

People say you can call in to T-Mobile and convince them to let you have one even if your address is not on the website.

It's worth a try if you are desperate.

My address said we weren't eligible but when I called they said we were.

We live out of town a decent ways so it works well enough to stream a tv or two. Gets bogged down sometimes. Switching to Starlink since it's become available.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.