Odd question on using LN2 to refrigerate a truck

626 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bradley.Kohr.II
Bradley.Kohr.II
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I have asked for information from the perspective vendor.

I was sent info from a company proposing to use LN2 to refrigerate a delivery truck. (Essentially, its a cold plate, and a fan, in an insulated cooler.)

The truck has a 100 gal. LN2 tank.

Anyone have an idea of how to get a ballpark idea of how long it could hold -20F? (Assume 100F ambient. I have no idea how much insulation is in there truck. Guess would be 4" of EPS. Could be 10" on top.)

I THINK it would be pretty light. And, it should be very simple.
Picard
AG
BSpencer00
AG
Not a thermodynamics expert but that seems like a very cost prohibitive way to cool a truck. 100 gal of LN2 really is not that much as fast as it evaporates. Obviously depends on the volume of your container, but I don't think it would last that long.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
I heard back from the company. They said it really only works out, on cost, in certain regions of the UK where its prohibited to run reefers during the night.

Still think its an interesting idea, provided it runs long enough. TMK, LN2 is about 50 per gal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.