Good value soundbar recommendations

1,313 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgCMT
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've bought two Sony soundbars over the past few years around $700 and they were pretty incredible sounding until they both crapped out after a year and a half each.

Anybody got a good recommendation that isn't Sony and under $500?
agdoc2001
AG
Rob from AVRant recommends this one:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-5-1-2-channel-m-series-premium-sound-bar-with-wireless-subwoofer-dolby-atmos-and-dtsx-dark-charcoal/6446231.p?skuId=6446231
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
El_duderino
Sonos Beam is $449 and it's been fantastic so far
johnnyblaze36
AG
Thanks for the replies. About to head to Best Buy and look into both.
DallasTeleAg
I've had the sonos Arc with the sub for over a year and a half and love it.
FatZilla
AG
Decent deal here on this Samsung.
https://slickdeals.net/f/15772732-samsung-hw-q600a-3-1-2ch-dolby-atmos-dts-x-soundbar-w-wireless-subwoofer-259-free-shipping
YouBet
AG
I've had a SONOS Playbar + Sub for 5 years and it rocks. It's also obsolete at this point and still going.

Would go with SONOS.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I did go to the store after I posted and all they had was white Sonos Beam. They also had the Samsung recommended.

But strangely the guy I asked for assistance steered me towards an LG and said he's the Best Buy Samsung rep (which his name tag did indicate) but pointed to what he said was "basically the same exact product but for $50 less".

I didn't really want a white Sonos and of course I'm familiar with the brand and knew it would just be the beginning of add-ons and not really the quick fix I was looking for.

So I went with his LG recommendation which he played for me in the store and it sounded great. A little over $500 after tax.

Technical question though that I noticed happening before my old Sony went out. Whenever I connect the HDMI chord from my tv ARC to ARC in the soundbar it is loud as hell and then after about a half a second the sound is drastically reduced. It's almost like there is a short or there is some setting with the tv I'm unaware of that serves as a sort of protection against blowing out the sound.

Anybody had this issue before? I've tried troubleshooting to no avail. When I pair my phone to the soundbar I can play spotify or whatever else and crank it up no problem and hear the bar how it was intended to sound and it's really good. Thanks for any help.
FatZilla
AG
Sounds like auto detect kicking in and switching inputs at start up. Might try setting the input manually and disabling auto detection/selection if able. If all else fails, exchange it. If the new bar still does it, its your tv not liking that particular bar. My LG did not like the TCL bar i tried it with but was happy as can be with the vizio bar i ended up with instead.
johnnyblaze36
AG
FatZilla said:

Sounds like auto detect kicking in and switching inputs at start up. Might try setting the input manually and disabling auto detection/selection if able. If all else fails, exchange it. If the new bar still does it, its your tv not liking that particular bar. My LG did not like the TCL bar i tried it with but was happy as can be with the vizio bar i ended up with instead.
Thanks. I think it must have something to do with the TCL tv since it did it with the Sony bar as well.
AgCMT
AG
I had a B&W Soundbar that I paid $1500 for several years ago. It crapped out on me and I just went to WalMart and bought the Vizio 5.1.2 Atmos Soundbar for about $350. It actually sounds better than the B&W that I had. I have purchased 4 more of these for other family members and everyone has been pretty excited about the results. The great part about it is if it craps out after a few years, and mine is still working after 4-5, you can just buy another one and your still ahead.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.