UniFi Products - Availability?

1,424 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DartosFC
Boat Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to build out our new network with A UniFi Dream Machine Pro, a POE switch, a couple of access points, and some of their cameras. I see that basically all of their products are sold out. Is there a better source than direct from their website to order? Any way to get on a list or in line rather than just hoping to get an in stock email and racing to place an order? Anyone have experience in regards to how often items are coming available and how long the wait times are?

Thanks!
chilidogfood
AG
You can check microcenter or other only retailers.

A lot of places (including Amazon) will jack up the retail price and try to gouge you. So, be careful and look at the prices listed on the Ubiquiti website and compare to other retailers before you buy.

Alternatively you can just buy whatever you need that's available now and then put yourself on the notify list for when it comes back in stock. Hopefully wont be more than a month or so, but who knows.

Good luck.
satexas
AG
I buy from the ui.com website itself, because it's so much more expensive everywhere else, and I buy a lot of Dream Machine Pro units at once.

Amazon has such a huge markup on it's vendors that it forces them to be $100-$300 more per-unit.

When Ui.com goes out of stock, it usually isn't long, a week or two. Worth the wait if you can wait it out.

As far as camera's go, like the G4-Bullet, you're going to be waiting till like September to get those at UI's $200 price versus $350 on amazon for those that still have them.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
tfunk02
AG
I found this sub-Reddit and it helped me to get a 6e access point pretty quickly. 100X better than the UI website email alert.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UbiquitiInStock/
Boat Shoes
AG
tfunk02 said:

I found this sub-Reddit and it helped me to get a 6e access point pretty quickly. 100X better than the UI website email alert.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UbiquitiInStock/

This was clutch. Thank you so much for the rec. Already found what I need!
tfunk02
AG
Nice, good to hear!
billtheag89
AG
Try https://www.ispsupplies.com/ in College Station?
DartosFC
AG
Have been recently turned onto Unifi products. For those who use them are they as good as they seem? (They seem awesome to me)
Class of '10
ForeverAg
AG
DartosFC said:

Have been recently turned onto Unifi products. For those who use them are they as good as they seem? (They seem awesome to me)

I have a standard 48 port switch, 24 port poe switch, 4 access points, the security 2.0 thing, the doorbell camera. Everything is great except the doorbell camera. It is extremely common that it drops wifi signal even though it absolutely is in range.

Their cameras are good quality but the general consensus is they are way overpriced compared to similar spec models however with the UI system you are locked into their cameras (I believe that is still true) I picked up a separate NAS and I am still working on finding the right cameras for that setup.
DartosFC
AG
Thanks, do the access points form a good mesh?
Class of '10
satexas
AG
DartosFC said:

Best in business, absolutely.
Gonna have to flush the toilet, but that's one expensive poo.
DartosFC
AG
Thank you!
Class of '10
ForeverAg
AG
DartosFC said:

100% yes, their network components are great, I'd stay away from their visual and go a different route.
DartosFC
AG
Thanks!
Class of '10
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.