Xbox GamePass Thread

1,785 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First of all, if you have Xbox and don't have GamePass you are missing out on the best deal in gaming. At $16/month, it's the best bang for buck gaming expense out there.

I love isometric, top down games like Wasteland, Baldur's Gate, old Fallout, etc. Found this game just released on Xbox and it's really good. Similar to Wasteland 2 but combat is real-time and not TBS which is a slight twist.

Weird West: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9P8JGTJTQQF4

And Guardians of the Galaxy was recently released on here as well. Played the first few minutes. Looks pretty good. It's based on the comics and is not canon to MCU, so the backstories are different than MCU.

Getting Sniper Elite 5 in 1 month and looking forward to that.
HossAg
AG
FYI, if you let your game pass expire, you can buy up to 3 years of Xbox live gold and then buy 1 month of GPU to convert it all to GPU. Way cheaper than paying $16 a month.
craigernaught
AG
I play the hell out of Slay the Spire and Sea of Thieves.

Gamepass is a great deal.
ExPLK
AG
HossAg said:

FYI, if you let your game pass expire, you can buy up to 3 years of Xbox live gold and then buy 1 month of GPU to convert it all to GPU. Way cheaper than paying $16 a month.

HossAg knows what's up. I followed the directions online and boom - best deal!
Pman17
AG
With GamePass, I rarely buy Xbox games because usually they end up on GamePass.

I recommend Deep Rock Galactic. It's a 4 player online co-op. You play as a dwarf in a space mining company. There's four different classes to choose from. Each mission, you are sent to a planet to do a mission to extract minerals with different scenarios. The caves are procedurally generated so there's always surprises. I'm always finding something new. There are alien bugs that you have to fight and often they come in swarms. But, yea collect minerals, complete objectives, and extract. No Dwarf left behind. With the minerals you get payouts and can buy and upgrade gear. Complete challenges to unlock items. The seasons are free with cosmetics. Leveling up is slow but worth it.

Can't wait to play this on a Steam Deck whenever I get one.
WES2006AG
AG
I've been on Game Pass for years and haven't paid for it for a while using Microsoft Rewards. Such a great deal and it lets me play a lot of games I wouldn't buy on their own. Currently playing The Show 22, Forza Horizon 5, and Guardians of the Galaxy on Game Pass.
YouBet
AG
WES2006AG said:

I've been on Game Pass for years and haven't paid for it for a while using Microsoft Rewards. Such a great deal and it lets me play a lot of games I wouldn't buy on their own. Currently playing The Show 22, Forza Horizon 5, and Guardians of the Galaxy on Game Pass.
Never even paid attention to my Rewards points. Just got 3 free months of GamePass.

Will look at HossAg's suggestion next.
heineman78
For an added bonus...

Go on eneba or cdkeys
Buy Brazil or Turkey XBOX Live 12 month sub for around $35
Use Free VPN to redeem
Convert to Gamepass by buying 1 month. (Must be new or lapsed gamepass member)

3 years gamepass for around 120
jagouar1
AG
Has anybody used the xbox cloud streaming recently? Does it still feel like it's in beta?

I have gone all in on cloud streaming rather than investing in consoles but I know xbox is lagging behind the others in getting that service out on all device types.
jr15aggie
AG
jagouar1 said:

Has anybody used the xbox cloud streaming recently? Does it still feel like it's in beta?

I have gone all in on cloud streaming rather than investing in consoles but I know xbox is lagging behind the others in getting that service out on all device types.

Whenever I've messed with it, there's too much input lag to be any fun in shooters or driving games. I have a Series X at home on a nice OLED... It's not worth it to play those type of games any other way.

But there are certain types of games that don't require that kind of precision to be fun. RPGs, strategy games, etc. play very well using streaming.
YouBet
AG
jr15aggie said:

jagouar1 said:

Whenever I've messed with it, there's too much input lag to be any fun in shooters or driving games. I have a Series X at home on a nice OLED... It's not worth it to play those type of games any other way.

But there are certain types of games that don't require that kind of precision to be fun. RPGs, strategy games, etc. play very well using streaming.

Agree with this. Graphics aren't quite 100% on beta. Some downgrade there.

However, it's an excellent way to test a game to determine if you like it because it's immediate play rather than waiting on something to download.
HossAg
AG
Yep, input lag was unbearable when I tried it.
jagouar1
AG
That is kinda what I expected. The last time I tried it the experience was not great, but that was a year ago. Was wondering if it had improved recently but sounds like the same issues are still there.

Sad because imo xbox has the best catalog of games I want to play but I have gotten too used to the benefits of cloud streaming to have any desire to go back. Guess we will see if the service continues to evolve and maybe when their streaming stick comes out it will be at a usable state.

Its interesting that stadia and geforce now both are in pretty usable states right now (and amazon luna is the little bit that I've tried it) so its not a technical issue but more a microsoft issue (probably because they are using actual xbox hardware blades to power their streaming tech atm)
HossAg
AG
They really need server locations all over the place for that to work well. There's just physical limitations to reducing input lag if you're too far away from a server.
bam02
AG
HossAg said:

Any chance you could hold my hand and explain this to me like I'm a 5 year old (I'm 42 so I may be dumber than a 5 year old on this stuff, actually)?

I just bought an xbox one series s from someone on Texags (thanks SECcess12) for my son who turns 10 soon. I figured I'd buy a year of game pass but then I saw this and wondered if there is a better value out there.
HossAg
AG
Sure, steps below.

1. Buy Xbox live gold cards online. You can buy up to 3 years at once. Note: if you buy 3, decline any additional free months offered when you redeem, at this will push you over the month limit and not allow you to redeem all 3 cards.
2. Redeem the cards on Xbox.com
3. Buy one month of Game Pass Ultimate on Xbox.com
4. And that's it, all your Xbox live gold will convert 1 to 1 to Game Pass Ultimate
bam02
AG
Thank you, HossAg!
YouBet
AG
If you like tactical RPGs and dungeon crawlers The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos is pretty dang fun and is new to GamePass.

It's a bit more adult from a language standpoint and is a little silly but I'm enjoying it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.