MLB The Show 2022

5,079 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ghost of Bisbee
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone playing this yet? I started downloading it when I left for work this morning, can't wait to play it.
powerbelly
AG
I am excited it is available on switch
investorAg83
AG
Messed around last night; liking some of the changes they made. Gotta find a new park after they nerfed shippett.
Tomdoss92
AG
Have to wait for the 5th since I'm getting it on gamepass. Enjoy in the meantime!
Satellite of Love
Enjoying it so far. It's all foreign to me as I haven't played in years. My timing on hitting is not good. I enjoy the pitching style where you trace and time the joystick path.

As an Astros fan it pains me one of the challenges is to win the Braves WS.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Enjoying it so far. It's all foreign to me as I have played in years. My timing on hitting is not good. I enjoy the pitching style where you trace and time the joystick path.

As an Astros fan it pains me one of the challenges is to win the Braves WS.

I like seeing Siri's speed at 99. Exciting player to watch this year.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Which Takashi Legend card did you all choose?
I went with the Big Unit. Card art is sick
-Ben There/R.C.
jrod2181
I went with Randy Johnson as well.

Got lucky so far with my first two FOTF cards.

Got Kyle Tucker and Cody Bellinger

PS5 - FCLonghorns if anybody ever wants to do a friendly

I know I know go home Longhorn lol.
SquirrellyDan
AG
I usually only play Franchise mode....its great as always but really not many changes in gameplay from the previous version. I'm trying to get into the diamond dynasty mode which seems to be super popular. My issue is when I play online the timing is just slightly off and I'm awful.
agproducer
AG
investorAg83 said:

Messed around last night; liking some of the changes they made. Gotta find a new park after they nerfed shippett.

Center City Field is my go to park.
agproducer
AG
I've really gotten back into The Show the last couple years. Diamond Dynasty is where is at. I was 321-285 in RS last year and over .500 the year before.

I went with Mantle to start building my team. I just didn't want an 88 Randy Johnson when the 99 is there prize.

I just finished the Nationwide conquest. That was a beating. But, I got an 88 Piazza, 85 Kerry Wood and 86 Didi for my trouble.

I don't have any FOTF cards yet. I'm still trying to learn pinpoint pitching. It's easy to miss your spots.

Oh, and I just pulled a Live Series Acuna. So, my OF is Mantle at 90, Griffey at 90 and now Acuna.

Upgrades to the gameplay seem minimal, but it seems to play a lot smoother.

If you are looking for online play, avoid InvestorAg. He will light you up.
investorAg83
AG
agproducer said:

I've really gotten back into The Show the last couple years. Diamond Dynasty is where is at. I was 321-285 in RS last year and over .500 the year before.

I went with Mantle to start building my team. I just didn't want an 88 Randy Johnson when the 99 is there prize.

I just finished the Nationwide conquest. That was a beating. But, I got an 88 Piazza, 85 Kerry Wood and 86 Didi for my trouble.

I don't have any FOTF cards yet. I'm still trying to learn pinpoint pitching. It's easy to miss your spots.

Oh, and I just pulled a Live Series Acuna. So, my OF is Mantle at 90, Griffey at 90 and now Acuna.

Upgrades to the gameplay seem minimal, but it seems to play a lot smoother.

If you are looking for online play, avoid InvestorAg. He will light you up.

I haven't been able to play much at all thus far. I did take the 88 Randy to get a good lefty starter early and I bought the mantle. Squad is still pretty crappy though. Only diamond I've pulled is the worse Marte (Starling). The gold Castellanos card mashes though.

Oak Street has been good…at least until my OF has enough speed to cover Laughing Mountain.
agproducer
AG
The gold Lindor is pretty good too. They also improved the Yordan card this year.
jrod2181
Gold Khris Davis has been crushing it for me and prob my highlight for entire game cycle will be i hit a home run with gold John smoltz lol
sundaytiger13
AG
Pulled Ohtani day 1 and got lucky pulling Seagers FOTF card. Also took Johnson to start and regret it.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
Does anyone have this for the Switch?
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
powerbelly
AG
I do
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
powerbelly said:

I do
What are your takeaways?

Last time I played the show was on a PS3. Looking to pick it up in the next week or so. I'm excited.
powerbelly
AG
Mr Mojo Risin said:

powerbelly said:

I do
What are your takeaways?

Last time I played the show was on a PS3. Looking to pick it up in the next week or so. I'm excited.
I enjoy it for what it is. I don't play any online, and only play handheld.

It is fun and plays like I remember from back when I had a ps2. Well worth it for me.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
powerbelly said:

Mr Mojo Risin said:

powerbelly said:

I do
What are your takeaways?

I enjoy it for what it is. I don't play any online, and only play handheld.

It is fun and plays like I remember from back when I had a ps2. Well worth it for me.
All I needed to know. Last game I've paid more than $14 for was Mario Kart 8. Just want to make sure there aren't any glaring deficiencies on Switch vs the PS and XBOX platforms.

Thank you.
agproducer
AG
Only difference on Switch that really comes to mind is there is no stadium creator. All other game modes, even online p, should work. Some have commented that if you are playing handheld, it can be hard to see the ball. If you are playing on a regular screen, it shouldn't be an issue.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
agproducer said:

Only difference on Switch that really comes to mind is there is no stadium creator. All other game modes, even online p, should work. Some have commented that if you are playing handheld, it can be hard to see the ball. If you are playing on a regular screen, it shouldn't be an issue.
Appreciate the info. 98% sure I'm gonna grab it.
cmk10
AG
anyone have a link or a way to get the aggie jerseys?
investorAg83
AG
Just search in the vault for the logo
Mr Gigem
AG
cmk10 said:

anyone have a link or a way to get the aggie jerseys?
Wait what???
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Supercharged is an awesome add to the live content this year
-Ben There/R.C.
Satellite of Love
The Astros City Connect program dropped today! Those Space City unis are pretty slick! Whomever decided to put the Altuve walkoff against Chapman in the 9th needs to be taken out back and beaten.
agproducer
AG
Satellite of Love said:

The Astros City Connect program dropped today! Those Space City unis are pretty slick! Whomever decided to put the Altuve walkoff against Chapman in the 9th needs to be taken out back and beaten.

I love the fact they put that moment in there. I hit it out on the first pitch.

Calling it "Buzzer Beater" made me laugh.
Satellite of Love
I finally beat it after switching from the PCI to timing hitting. Funny enough they recently changed the name. I guess they got complaints or MLB sent them a nasty gram.
cmk10
AG
Do y'all use directional hitting or zone/PCI?
powerbelly
AG
I use the one with the PCI. I also change the camera angle to strikezone.
cmk10
AG
Hard to move it to the zone when someone is throwing 100…
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
cmk10 said:

Hard to move it to the zone when someone is throwing 100…
I'm still using timing. One thing I watched and it helped a bit with the PCI was to anchor where you are weak and set up opposite so that you can snap back.

Also figured out that the dynamic hitting on my Road to the Show was only ratcheting up as the season progressed but my batting average went from .287 in May to .220 by year end. It was up on all-star or legend. So I toggled that down.

Also, as said before, check your batting camera angle. I prefer "strike zone" but lots of folks like "strike zone 2". that helped me with lots of my early swings.
investorAg83
AG
Zone hitting, strike zone 2 (allows to see the pitches in the dirt and lower part of the zone easier for me).

I don't use anchor but I start with the pci high and inside…hardest spot to turn and burn and I can always react to off speed down.
agproducer
AG
investorAg83 said:

Zone hitting, strike zone 2 (allows to see the pitches in the dirt and lower part of the zone easier for me).

I don't use anchor but I start with the pci high and inside…hardest spot to turn and burn and I can always react to off speed down.

This is the way.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.