Microsoft Office - without Subscription?

1,183 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sea Speed
51Merc-98Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have recently purchased a new computer.

Is it still possible to just buy Microsoft Office without having to do the monthly subscription?

I am wanting Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook - but just want to buy it outright - don't want to have to pay a monthly/annual subscription.....

I think I have found a stand alone version at Microsoft, but it doesn't include Access.....?

Or, am I just being too picky and should just go with the Microsoft Office 365 and pay for it on a subscription basis?

Thanks - sorry for the ignorance
---------------------------------------------------
Americans for Fair Taxation!
txyaloo
AG
Office 2021 standalone doesn't come with access. You have to buy it separately for $160...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/p/access/cfq7ttc0hhmx?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

You can get older versions a lot cheaper
Wildmen03
AG
https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2019-open-business-1-license-academic/p/N82E16832011536
51Merc-98Ag
AG
thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Americans for Fair Taxation!
Dark_Knight
AG
You can also use OpenOffice and the Google versions of office at no cost.
Because I'm Batman!

FatZilla
AG
Office 2019 professional plus edition off ebay. Around $100 for single license. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Office-Professional-Plus-2019-/185123221980

Lots of older versions for cheaper. Seen some 2016 versions in the 30's and 40's
JSKolache
AG
If your company runs Office 365, then you may get free downloads, we get 5 copies and i downloaded to personal pc
DallasTeleAg
JSKolache said:

If your company runs Office 365, then you may get free downloads, we get 5 copies and i downloaded to personal pc
This.

I have Office on my personal computer as part of my 5 devices.
MGS
Dark_Knight said:

You can also use OpenOffice and the Google versions of office at no cost.
Office Online is free too.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/free-office-online-for-the-web
bkag9824
AG
1. Identify friend who works for a school district
2. Ask them if they get educator discount on Microsoft products (Katy ISD gets the full Office suite for like $10 or something - they get several other software packages for almost nothing as well)
3. Ask friend to let you buy suite using their credentials
4. Give friend nice token of thanks
txyaloo
AG
bkag9824 said:

1. Identify friend who works for a school district
2. Ask them if they get educator discount on Microsoft products (Katy ISD gets the full Office suite for like $10 or something - they get several other software packages for almost nothing as well)
3. Ask friend to let you buy suite using their credentials
4. Give friend nice token of thanks
I still have a .edu account from a community college I attended 20yrs ago. Gets MSFT and lots of other stuff for free. It's a bit sad A&M doesn't let former students keep their .edu accounts
YouBet
AG
JSKolache said:

Does that give them access to your personal PC though? Non starter for me if they want to tag along and apply their work policy packages and bloat on it. I would confirm before doing that.
Sea Speed
AG
The ebay route is the way to go. Got a copy for my wife for like $70
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.