Google pulling YouTube from Roku

1,318 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dark_Knight
1836er
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like Google doesn't like that Roku is refusing to cave in to their monopolistic practices.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/22/roku-googles-decision-to-pull-apps-from-roku-another-case-of-monopoly-conduct/
ForeverAg
AG
Switches to Fubo from yttv and I have been much happier while also saving a few bucks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Game of chicken by Google.
YouBet
AG
This would hinder two of my TV's but I'm good with it. Screw Google. Hope Roku wins this.
trueaggie2782
AG
YouBet said:

This would hinder two of my TV's but I'm good with it. Screw Google. Hope Roku wins this.

Agreed. Sick of big tech engaging in these dick measuring contests. If google does this, I'll keep Roku and ditch youtubetv.
D`Funkaladu`
AG
Install SmartYouTube on TV boxes and Vanced YouTube & YouTube music on mobile devices. Gets rid of ads and bypasses Google apps. You can't find it in the Google Play store so you have to side load it. Not hard and plenty of instructions online. Stop feeding the beast.
LOYAL AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Game of chicken by Google.

I have four Roku devices and Google has lots of competition. This seems like an easy one. To me this is Google overplaying is hand.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
YouBet
AG
I've never really looked at Fubo until yesterday but I'll just free trial that if this happens and just switch if I like it. It's slightly cheaper too.
Claude!
Take with a grain of salt, because I don't watch a ton of TV and basically nothing that's not sports, but I've been happy with fubo so far. No major issues with quality and the menu is decent to good.
YouBet
AG
Claude! said:

Take with a grain of salt, because I don't watch a ton of TV and basically nothing that's not sports, but I've been happy with fubo so far. No major issues with quality and the menu is decent to good.

From what I can tell their base package comes with 4K and is not extra so that makes it $20 cheaper per month than YTTV.

I'm going to switch anyway if that's the case.
LOYAL AG
AG
My only problem with Fubo is that they don't appear to stream over browser, only TV app. I spend a lot of time with TV as background noise while I'm working so not working through a browser is a deal killer.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Dark_Knight
AG
Google is only pulling YouTube apps from new Roku devices.

YouTube and YouTube TV will still be available on devices that are currently using them. I only have YouTube TV for Aggie football. Once the season is over, I'll be canceling.
Because I'm Batman!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.