Anyone Using DirecTV Stream Yet ?

955 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by kb2001
CoppellAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seen some commercials recently and am considering dropping my cable (Spectrum) and going to a streaming service. DirecTV Stream seems to have some advantages over some of the others - just wondering if anyone has tried it yet, and if so, what you think about it.

Thanks !
boy09
AG
Did the old DirecTV Now/AT&T TV Now rebrand again to this? If so, i had it way back when it launched as DirecTV Now. It was fine, but they kept slowly jacking up the prices. Looks like it's still a bit more expensive than the other live TV streaming options out there; Youtube TV, Hulu Live, Fubo, Sling, etc.
CoppellAg93
AG
Yeah - I guess they did re-brand it. The Venus Williams commercials are playing pretty frequently these days.
Pman17
AG
I had it for a long time then ditched when I wasn't watching enough TV last spring. Dove into YouTube TV for Olympics and football season. YouTube TV is superior with a lot of features and less buggy software. With DirecTV Stream we always ran out of recording space, YTTV is unlimited and has a library of pre-recorded shows and games you never pushed the button for but thinks you may want to watch like last weeks Aggie game. DirecTV promised 4K 4 years ago, never came and now YTTV has it. YTTV has user accounts and DirecTV doesn't. YTTV has more streams as in more TVs can stream at once, DirecTV makes you pay $5 extra for more.
For a long time, the only reason I sticked with DirecTV was because it had more channels like Viacom. YTTV has it all now.
CoppellAg93
AG
Thanks for the info - will check out YTTV.
Pman17
AG
No problem, yea the great thing about this market is you can test out these services. The downside with streaming can be changes in cost, channel lineup, branding, etc. But it's worth it. Hopefully we don't get back to over $100/month plans. There was a scare with YTTV ditching NBC channels a couple of weeks ago, but that's typical with the cable services too.
aggiechugger
AG
I have it, since it was Directv Now. I have tried some others like Youtube TV and Fubo but have kept Directv Stream as its known now. I have the Ultimate package with HBO Max. The picture is great in my opinion and has 5.1 sound. I thought about changing over to Youtube TV for the DVR but I would have to get Philo as well to get the same channels I have with Directv Stream and those two together would be more than I pay for Directv Stream. Directv Stream is the only one that has the Bally Sports channels as well now. I'm still saving over $100 a month than I was paying for Dish Network. I also have Sunday Ticket along with it. I can have 3 streams going outside of my home and 20 streams going inside my home at the same time.
CoppellAg93
AG
Yeah - noticed YTTV doesn't have the Bally channel - trying to decide if that's a deal-breaker for them or not. I'm in Dallas and find myself watching less local sports (Mavs, Rangers, Stars) unless they get to the playoffs, so I'm not sure how bad I need it.
YouBet
AG
They were going door to door in my neighborhood last week. They are already $10 more expensive than YTTV. That's a bit of a non-starter.
rynning
AG
When we're talking about $10 or even $50, I'd rather go with a premium service that has all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately, this market is so driven by price I'm not sure that really exists.
kb2001
AG
We have DirecTV Stream, it's pretty good. My main reason for this one was to get AT&T Sportsnet for Astros games. I'd been using MLBTV with a VPN to appear out of market, but they've gotten better at blocking VPN services from streaming, so we had to get a different streaming service.

We've been pleased enough that we'll stick with it through college football

ETA- DirecTV Stream is a rebranding of AT&T TV and DirecTV Now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.