Software suggestion - simple house layout sketches

463 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mas61475
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to start offering foundation elevation reference readings in certain situations/inspections.

Need a simple software that will allow the creation of a basic sketch of the footprint of the house with labels and elevation readings. Would also be nice if it would allow the importing of an existing sketch when one is available for use.

Really don't need it to be very fancy at all, just basic scale sketches and annotations and labels.

Would be an extra plus if it worked on Android too, but can live without that for sure.

TIA
Wildmen03
AG
I use AutoCAD for building layouts but I have a license through work.

There are freeware alternatives though.

https://librecad.org/
normaleagle05
AG
I have a Leica Disto D2 that uses Bluetooth to connect to their Android app and lets you sketch floorplans very accurately if you know what you're doing. I don't use it for that but it's there. I'd be happy to meet up again and let you try it out.

Is this going to be a water level survey? Or something else?
Oh Four Five
AG
This was my first thought as well. I had to replace some carpet recently and the guy that came out to take measurements used one and raved about it.
Absolute
AG
Yes, purchased a zip level brand unit.
mas61475
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.