Is anyone going to get the Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro?

7,774 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JSKolache
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got my ship notice. Wednesday is Pixel Day for me
MW03
AG
Worth upgrading from the 5 or no?
AliasMan02
AG
Black Friday is about to start at Google. No announced deals on the 6 but hoping something pops up.
permabull
AG
They pushed an update out either last night or this morning. Appears to make the fingerprint scanner work a bit faster
380Ag
AG
My Pixel 3 was USB C to USB C, not sure about the outrage. As this has been the google standard for a while.
Also my 6 came with the adaptor, so not real sure what the overriding problem is...
AliasMan02
AG
So if I go Google Pass, I'm out $300 over the next two years over the cost of just buying the phone. Device protection ($149 deductible) is worth something. I have not been a YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium user but I guess I could switch over from Amazon Music without much issue. I'd probably get Google Homes instead of Alexas in this case....

I dunno. Anybody use these services?
AgsMyDude
AG
MW03 said:

I don't think I'm going to upgrade from the 5.

Plus you can port the magic eraser.

https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-get-magic-eraser-on-any-pixel-with-android-12/
MW03
AG
AgsMyDude said:

MW03 said:

I don't think I'm going to upgrade from the 5.

Plus you can port the magic eraser.

https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-get-magic-eraser-on-any-pixel-with-android-12/
MW03
AG
Damn can't get it to work
C@LAg
Now $550 at Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-pixel-6-128gb-unlocked-sorta-seafoam/6483641.p?ref=8575135&loc=f4eda94c48c811ec9891bafcfc5720790INT&acampID=f4eda94c48c811ec9891bafcfc5720790INT&skuId=6483641

less, if activating new line of service.
AgsMyDude
AG
Dang, I haven't tried yet but Reddit comments sounded positive. Was planning too soon, will keep you posted.
MW03
AG
Message I get

MW03
AG
Yep. They took it away

https://9to5google.com/2021/11/13/google-photos-5-67-update-seems-to-be-removing-magic-eraser-feature-from-pixel-6-devices/
Sea Speed
AG
Says it was accidental ans they are working on a fix.
MW03
AG
Yeah, but I'm guessing they stripped it entirely so they could write a new version that checks the phone type.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea could definitely be the case. Sounded like it also depended on which version of photos you had. I probably would have got the 5 and done this trick for my wife if it was working. Thats really the only feature thst has me intrigued.
AgsMyDude
AG
I'd be really surprised because they've not really be uber restrictive in the past.

When the portrait mode for pixels first came out it was supposed to pixel exclusive but some devs were able to port it out. I had it running on my OnePlus and they never restricted it.

But they could've changed their mindset since then.
12thAngryMan
AG
Bumping this thread to see how everyone is fairing with the December and January updates. Were you having many issues with bugs prior to the updates, and if so, are they mostly resolved now? Currently have a Pixel 2 and considering upgrading to a Pixel 6 Pro soon, but all the bug reports have me gun shy. I hope Google will get things ironed out eventually, but don't want to jump in blindly when the phone costs $1k...

Also considering the S21 FE and even iPhone 13, but have enjoyed the cleaner Android setup over my past experiences with Samsung or iOS.
C@LAg
12thAngryMan said:

Bumping this thread to see how everyone is fairing with the December and January updates. Were you having many issues with bugs prior to the updates, and if so, are they mostly resolved now? Currently have a Pixel 2 and considering upgrading to a Pixel 6 Pro soon, but all the bug reports have me gun shy. I hope Google will get things ironed out eventually, but don't want to jump in blindly when the phone costs $1k...

Also considering the S21 FE and even iPhone 13, but have enjoyed the cleaner Android setup over my past experiences with Samsung or iOS.
no bugs or issues with mine so far. i have not yet rooted it or sideloaded any apps, everything is off the Play store.

I love everything about it except the battery life.

I am not heavily using my phone right now and feel I am having to charge it way more frequently than I would expect given its usage.

ad es, I have investigated loaded apps to see what the are doing and using.

12thAngryMan
AG
Thanks for the reply. Are you having to charge midday, or is it still mostly lasting a full day on one charge? Are you experiencing that issue where the "mobile network" app is eating up most of your battery?
C@LAg
It is definitely lasting a full day, but I am currently in a very light phone usage state, I feel it should go two full days, for me, but it just doesn't. I am still researching, but I suspect some of my installed apps are power vampires even when not in active use.

but it is a nice solid phone. Snappy, flexible, beautiful screen.

Takes good pictures but I am still learning how to do that on a Pixel (upgraded from a 4 year LG Stylo 4).
howdydamnit04
AG
Never got the Dec update because Verizon but no issues since the Jan except possibly some Bluetooth issues that could be my earbuds.

Battery life for me has been great.
walton91
12thAngryMan said:

No issues or bugs here for me. I also upgraded from a Pixel 2. Battery life for me has been very good. I was charging my p2 constantly so it took a little while to break that habit and just trust it
JSKolache
AG
I just went from 2xl to 5a, similar size, faster experience, and battery life is cra, like 3+ days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.