Is anyone going to get the Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro?

7,778 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JSKolache
Oryx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks interesting, and while I'm on an iPhone atm since my old phone broke, I think I might make the move back to android since all of my stuff is already on Googles ecosystem.

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/1448007120033615879?t=zfuBK2uk5g8zSAmTbSlNHg&s=19
tlepoC
AG
Yes
PooDoo
AG
Waiting to touch the Pixel and decide if I grab it or wait for the new Galaxy
nai06
AG
most likely. I am still running with a pixel 4 XL. Its time for an upgrade and I am all in on the google ecosystem.
JSKolache
AG
Interested, but my Pix 2XL is still rocking and rolling
jagouar1
AG
I will... just have to wait a year until I can upgrade but by then the 6 pro will be cheaper.
RockOn
JSKolache said:

Interested, but my Pix 2XL is still rocking and rolling
I have a Pixel 2 and its still running great except the battery. I'm going to attempt a dissection/replacement.
walton91
My Pixel 2 battery is really suffering so I've been waiting for the 6
walton91
Looks like the Google store is down
howdydamnit04
AG
VZW charges you an extra hundred to buy it (plus 35 activation fee... scam), but are offering 350 to 700 for trade ins in any conditiion. I have an old Pixel 2 we bought on woot for a $100 a while back sitting in a drawer I'm going to try to use for this.

Edit: oh wait you have to have one of their premium plans. Not sure what I have.
chickencoupe16
AG
If the damn website would work, I already would have it preordered.
walton91
Looks like its up now, $899 Pro $599 for the 6
tlepoC
AG
Much better pricing than I expected. Now, which one to get?
El_duderino
I'm probably going with the regular 6. Pretty good trade in value for an iPhone XR to bring the phone price to ~$375 if bought unlocked.

Looks like AT&T is doing a $700 for trade in offer on the 6 Pro bringing the cost of it to $240.
nai06
AG
wanted to go with the 6 pro but it looks to be out of stock already
walton91
Leaning to the regular 6. Have a Pixel 2XL now, so I'm pretty sure that upgrade will be plenty
chickencoupe16
AG
Google appears to be releasing batches of phones for orders. I finally got a Sorta Sunny, 128 GB Pro after having a phone in the cart 6 different times. I tried for a white, black, white, Sunny, white, and Sunny. Each time I tried again, the models listed as sold out changed. So there's still hope of you want it.

Edit to add: The telephoto lens on the Pro was definitely a selling point for me and being that its new price is less than insurance just cut me a check for my 4XL for, it was a no-brainer over the vanilla 6.
nai06
AG
I want the 6 pro sorta sunny in the 512gb. Looks like I'll have to wait for the next round
chickencoupe16
AG
So after reading a random Tweet that some guy was given a delivery date of mid-November for his and his friend who bought one 30 minutes later had a October date, I checked mine: mid-November. I went back to the Google Store and was able to make another order for a 128GB Pro, this time in my preferred color, and was given an October delivery date. Then, I canceled the first order.

Screwy system Google has but it worked out for me.
walton91
Ordered the Pro today
380Ag
AG
Ordered the non-Pro with Pixel Pass. Delivery next week.
I was already paying for the google one, YTPremium, insurance etc for my Pixel 3, using Google Fi, so net cost isn't that much more than I'm already paying
tlepoC
AG
I ended up ordering pixel pro 256 since the trade-in value for a pixel 5 is much higher than expected. Had delivery in early Nov but forgot about the free pixel buds. Pushed back to late January with the reorder. Questionable whether that was a good choice.
aezmvp
Considering doing this around Christmas. I have a S10+ but it's starting to get very slow and having issues connecting in areas where it was just slow service previously. On the fence between the 6 Pro and going to a newer Samsung. Anything that pushed yall into the Pixel over the Samsungs?
walton91
I've been very happy with the Pixels, going back to the Google Nexus phones. I like the lack of bloatware on these phones. I also don't upgrade very often. If I was upgrading every 1-2 years I'd probably look around a lot more for incremental improvements from version to version. As it is, I'm happy with the phones and FI service, so its where I'm staying
Civen
AG
aezmvp said:

Anything that pushed yall into the Pixel over the Samsungs?
Google is slightly better about long-term and timely OS upgrades. Apple still wins the length of support crown, but android was largely able to pass that blame to qualcomm. With the new inhouse SoC, google should hopefully be able to offer longer lifetimes now.

Also, bloatware.
chickencoupe16
AG
I was unhappy with Samsung and their march to ridiculous curved screens that, in my opinion, make it hard for cases to protect the screen. My unhappiness started with the Note 8 and I decided to move to the Pixel 4XL. I based that on a flat screen and the camera.

I have liked my 4XL so much (camera, screen, software) that I decided to give Google my business again. The 6 Pro does have a curved screen but I'm hoping that it not being as dramatic as the early Samsungs and improvements to cases and Gorilla Glass will help.

So it's not really me choosing the 6 Pro over a Samsung device but rather me choosing to give Google my business again.
El_duderino
Pretty sure google matched apple now with the 5 years of update support for the pixel 6
chickencoupe16
AG
5 years of security patches but only 3 of OS updates is what I've seen.
tfunk02
AG
Had a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, S6 Edge, and S7.

Bloatware, forced bixby, slow updates, forced Samsung apps, and phones that slowed down or had issues too soon is what drove me away. The S6 Edge only lasted a year due to glitches and hard factory resets being necessary almost monthly. I swore off Samsung after that. It will take years before I will try it again.
Oryx
First review is out with really good things to say

https://mashable.com/review/google-pixel-6-pro-review
nai06
AG
still waiting on the sorta sunny to come back in stock. Hell I'd even settle for the waitlist at this point.

Google never seems to do their new phone rollouts very well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm still rocking a Galaxy S6 (have replaced the battery twice), and been waiting for it to fully die before buying a new one.

But with more and more apps starting to get phased out of Android 7.0, I think it's time. Thinking about the Pixel 6. The price seems very reasonable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And ordered, + stormy case and the free buds. Regular 6.

Nov 9-10.
tlepoC
AG
Assume that timeline was for non-pro?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.