AV and Home Automation is Nerdery.... Updates!

2,258 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by adamsbq06
adamsbq06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy TexAgs!

There has been a massive out pouring of support since my initial post! For that thank you! I have helped several TexAgs Members with everything from AV purchases to designing whole house A/V for new construction, designing audio solutions for patios and out door areas. It has been incredibly humbling to be able to apply my knowledge in a way that has been mutually beneficial. So what is next?

As you all know I have relationships with several distributors in the US, which gives me access to a wide variety of product from speakers, to light switches and everything in between. In the past two weeks I have become a Synology Partner and I have begun discussions with SONOS regarding a direct-buy relationship. I am also in the process of becoming a Sony dealer as well.

My offer to TexAgs remains the same, great technology at competitive prices, drop shipped directly to you. In addition to this I am now offering design services from $250 to $500. These services are perfect for anyone either building a new house or remodeling an existing home. The output would be marked up drawings specifying equipment (speakers, Wireless access points, av components, etc) as well as a detailed list of products and ball park pricing. This is a service I have sold several times to many on here already and they felt more than confident when they went to meeting with their homebuilder or low voltage contractor. Design services are not required if you are just purchasing equipment. Additionally I can also pre-configure ubiquity equipment as well. This would be for an additional fee but if you want a Ubiquity network and are somewhat intimidated by the configuration, I can help preconfigure the equipment and ship it to you once complete, so your new state of the art ubiquity network is literally plug and play

Going forward I will be donating a portion of my proceeds to the Association of Former Students or the 12th Man Foundation.

How can you help?
  • Honestly for SONOS I need to make a $5000 initial purchase. So a group buy would be amazing, so if anyone is interested in SONOS speakers hit me up and we can pool the purchase together
  • If you purchased through me or received a design from me please leave feedback
  • Patience- Yeah I am the little guy, I don't have the market share that Best Buy has, and they have better agreements with manufacturers for products, and while my prices are in many times better than Best Buy, they can likely get it faster in the current market.

I am completely grateful for everyone on Texags and the support you all have offered. I am looking forward to continuing to grow.

Please email me at andy@andrewadamsav.com with any ideas or requests.
adamsbq06
AG
Wanted to provide some clarification on availability of products.

Right now we are still seeing delays on anything that has a lot of silicon, so things like AVRs, AMPs and some Sound Bars (SONOS Arcs) are a bit backed up. I am seeing early indications that this is going to be improving in the coming WEEKS.

The items that are readily available. Architectural Speakers (all price points), Cabinet/Tower Speakers, Subwoofers, TV Mounts.

I typically confirm availability when I build a quote so we can set expectations early.

The savings that I offer range on the product but in general it ranges from like a 10% discount to over 40%.

And no this isn't a guy selling speakers from a white van.
Jack Pearson
AG
I wanted to give a shoutout to Andy for helping me out. I am in the process of building a house and he offered to take a look at my setup and give me a plan. We have been emailing back and fourth plus spent an hour on the phone last night talking through all the options.

If you are just needing audio equipment or needed to have a plan for dropping cable in your new house build, I would highly recommended giving Andy a shout.

He does this as side hustle passion so there is no pressure to upsell on anything and that is where in the process we are currently, fine tuning what I want vs the budget of a new build house.

jg07
AG
Andy took great care of me. I'm building a pool with a large outdoor structure. Bought 8 speakers, several sound bars, etc. from him at a great price. The stuff he has in stock ships very fast. His advice and communication was awesome.
SF2004
AG
Shameless plug for OP. Have him on retainer and consulting fee was reasonable for what he did for me.

He wired my blueprints so I was ready for my build meeting and gave me a soft quote so I knew what to budget through this year so I can buy a bunch of gear when I move in next summer.

Been super patient with me and all my stupid questions.
AggieT
AG
Email sent. Interested in Sonos Arc and Sub.
txaggie05
AG
Just sent you a very lengthy e-mail.
adamsbq06
AG
I got it lets chat tomorrow
94DallasAG
AG
email sent
Bdub411
I am a happy customer of Andy's after utilizing all of his services during a new construction home.

For me I knew what I wanted but I didn't know how to make it happen. He set me up with equipment of course but additionally I found it was extremely helpful to have him design and configure my network. My new construction home is now future proof due to Andy's design. He also helped me be well prepared for my meeting with the AV guy that my builder uses which I feel helped me get a set up that performs much better then if I had just listened to the av guy's dated ideas.
pantherag
AG
I was very pleased working with Andy! He recently ordered TV mounts, Sonos equipment and patio speakers for our new home. My son is also building a new house and Andy is taking care of his mounts and Sonos equipment as well. Andy is great to work with, saves $$ and has it delivered directly to your address. I definitely endorse working with Andy on your AV needs and design.
adamsbq06
AG
Thanks guys! and thanks for the patience on the SONOS stuff.
andy@andrewadamsav.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.