Does Verizon still have the best coverage in DFW?

670 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggolfer
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have been with Verizon for the last 15 years or so since switching from Sprint back then because of coverage issues.

I use my phone for work. If this were just a personal cellphone coverage thing, I wouldn't really care. But lately it seems like no matter where I am in the Dallas area and northern suburbs I have crappy signal strength. Not sure if this is a general Verizon coverage issue or the fact that my Note 10+ is 26 months old and they are bricking it to get me to buy a newer phone.

I would like to consider a new inspection software option that is entirely web based that I think would be a nice upgrade to what I have used for the last 12 years. But the signal issues I see at least half of the time make it not realistic. If I cannot get a reliable signal, the newer app wouldn't work.

Seems rather ridiculous that I cannot get a reliable signal in Frisco, Prosper, Celina north McKinney. Hell the signal at my house in Richardson as I type this is 1 bar.

This isn't even addressing the fact that I bought a 5g phone 2 years ago to future proof and have seen it say 5g maybe 3 times for a minute or two.

Are other options any better? Are they messing with my signal to get me to buy something new (I do believe the conspiracy theories on the mobile phone services.) My Note 10 is in perfect condition and there is no reason I should need to replace it despite using it everyday for inspections.

Frustrated!!!!

Thoughts?
PooDoo
AG
I've always thought at&t kept me better connected in texas and the outskirts... but I've been on cricket for darn near 10 years with no issues paying $120/mo for 5 unlimited phones.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I've been on AT&T since 2009 and never had any coverage issues in DFW. I can't say I've been in every place for long, but I've been within probably 5 miles of most (I'd guess about 80%) zip codes in Dallas and Tarrant counties during that time. And probably 50 percent or more of the urban Collin and Denton county zip codes. When I needed coverage, it worked. If it didn't, a phone reset almost always did.
aggie_wes
AG
At&t is better in DFW. I had a Verizon phone for work and had no coverage many times while my at&t phone worked just fine.
tfunk02
AG
Don't sleep on T-Mobile. They are probably right there and further along with their 5G network already. A phone with band 71 support will probably do great in DFW.

I'd use this website and find the provider with the closest towers to where you normally are.
https://www.cellmapper.net/
YouBet
AG
T Mobile was also cheaper last time I did the analysis.

I'm surprised coverage is even still a topic in 2021. I would just assume the big carriers all have nationwide coverage at this point unless you are in a bayou in Louisiana.
Absolute
AG
YouBet said:

I'm surprised coverage is even still a topic in 2021. I would just assume the big carriers all have nationwide coverage at this point unless you are in a bayou in Louisiana.
You would think....
aggolfer
AG
I have Verizon phone and ATT hotspot and wife has ATT work phone. Verizon is much better on coverage and speed from what we notice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.