Streaming Device for vehicle

1,044 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MoreCushing4thePushing
MoreCushing4thePushing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My vehicle has a factory rear entertainment system for the kids. Two screens. Only one TV has available outlets (1 HDMI, 1USB, 1 SD Card, and BluRay), but each TV can select its own input. Two questions:

1. Is there a streaming device that operates via USB output?

2. Or is there a streaming device that offers multi-streaming?
powerbelly
AG
aTm2004
AG
Are you wanting to run 2 different things at the same time, or are you wanting to know if you could stream to both TVs from the same device at the same time?
hijakeroo123
AG
For what you are trying to do, you can only have one streaming device plugged in at a time, as they are no devices which operate via USB. However, you could have one kid watching Blu-ray or potentially a movie stored on a USB drive while the other is using streaming, then swap periodically.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
aTm2004 said:

Are you wanting to run 2 different things at the same time, or are you wanting to know if you could stream to both TVs from the same device at the same time?
I want to run two different streams from a single streaming device to two different TV's
aTm2004
AG
Yeah, I'm not aware of any device that allows you to have 2 simultaneous streams going at the same time.
AggieZUUL
AG
vmiaptetr said:

aTm2004 said:

I want to run two different streams from a single streaming device to two different TV's

It may be easier to just strap a tablet onto the backs of the front seats and turn on your mobile hotspot (just be sure you have unlimited data) and fire up desired streaming app.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I didn't think there was but I was hoping maybe someone knew something that I didn't. Sounds like that can be my next invention.
powerbelly
AG
What kind of vehicle is it? I am always surprised when companies don't think through adding a second HDMI port.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
It's a 2020 Ford Expedition.

Edit: We've had it for about a year. Kids only use the entertainment system during long hauls. Usually just do what was previously recommended. Have one kid use streaming device while the other watches a blu-ray. Vehicle has built in WiFi and we pay for unlimited data.
powerbelly
AG
vmiaptetr said:

It's a 2020 Ford Expedition.
Good to know. My wife's tahoe has 2 hdmi inputs for 2 screens.

You could probably get someone who could splice in an hdmi to one of the screens and run 2 separate streaming devices.
adamsbq06
AG
Take the boy-ray player out and replace with a second streaming device. Use an AppleTV then when you don't have internet access you can stream content from an iPad or iPhone you have movies saved on.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
The blu-ray is built into one of the screens. We got it all figured out. We hooked the Xbox up to one screen, and screen shared via Wi-Fi to other screen with an old device we had lying in a drawer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.