Best Mouse for Mac

1,251 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dshedd41
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I recently bought a Mac that came with a Magic Mouse
but as a splurge purchase I also bought the Logitech MX Master 3 to compare it to the MM and see if I like it better.
What are yall's thought's on the best mouse for the Mac?
Gig’em Aggies!
Wildmen03
AG
I have 2 MX Masters and while they are big and a bit heavy, they are the nicest mice I own. I use them at my home and work offices.

I have a magic mouse that I use with my Mac Mini, and it's fine. The touch scroll is neat. But I don't find it as responsive as my Logitechs.
aggieforester05
AG
I don't use a mouse with my Macbook Pro very often, but when I do, I usually find that my magic mouse (much like the macbook pro itself) will allow the battery to drain when in sleep mode. Plugging it in renders it unusable thanks to the lightning port being on the bottom.

I'm a big fan of the Logitech M570 trackball mice that I use with my other computers. With those, buy a case for the mouse or it will get broken if you transport it much.
AggieFrog
AG
I prefer the MX Anywhere 3. Got a new iMac last month and immediately put the Magic Mouse in a drawer.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

Logitech M570 trackball
This is what I use at the office.
adamsbq06
AG
MX Master 3 for Mac
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
NOT the Magic Mouse 2.

I have one and use it with my MBP. I'm convinced it's the worst product apple currently makes. Doesn't track well at all and like someone already said, it's unusable when charging. In addition to that, the charging cable it comes with is lightning (for mouse) to USB A, which MBPs haven't had ports for at all since 2016 (I think, 2017 at latest). On top of this it isn't cheap.

The scroll doesn't work when used with a PC either without some serious tinkering. Might not be relevant to you but I learned this the hard way when working from home in an autocad application on my work computer.
AgsMyDude
AG
I had the Magic Mouse 2 for a bit and was not a big fan. I still can't believe the charging port is on the bottom so cannot charge and has it at the same time. Horrible user experience there.

MX Master 3 for the win
adamsbq06
AG
Use the MX Master 3 and the MX Keys for my MacBook Pro, my Mac mini, and work PC.

its nice because ei can switch devices quickly
boy09
AG
I guess i'll be the first one to say it, I think the Magic Mouse is great. My only complaint is obviously the charging port, but it's not really that big of an issue when you only need to charge it every 2-3 months or so.
dshedd41
S
I'll still keep it as an extra, I've been using the Logitech for a week or so. I like it.
Gig’em Aggies!
YouBet
AG
Magic Mouse and now previous version of Apple TV remote are worst HW products Apple ever made. I'm simply baffled by their anti-button philosophy.

They have fixed that with the new apple tv remote. [I don't own it but plan to get it and replace the sh^ttastic older version].

Also, I'm drinking wine so I'm overly opinionated right now. You're all welcome.
Roger That
AG
YouBet said:

Magic Mouse and now previous version of Apple TV remote are worst HW products Apple ever made. I'm simply baffled by their anti-button philosophy.

Jony Ive doesn't work there anymore, which is likely why the remote has been fixed.

Most any of the Logitech mice work well with the Mac. I have the 720 and it works well for my uses.
SlobberKnock
AG
For any lol poors like myself I am impressed with this mouse

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BR6XLBT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just needed it to be larger as the one I had before was a simple usb, smaller mouse. It has bluetooth and usb whichever you need. For a budget mouse it has proved good so far. Running a macbook pro.
htxag09
AG
boy09 said:

I guess i'll be the first one to say it, I think the Magic Mouse is great. My only complaint is obviously the charging port, but it's not really that big of an issue when you only need to charge it every 2-3 months or so.
I have the OG magic mouse. I love it, prefer the trackpad over any traditional mouse. But, as all above, my complaint is battery life. And I'd say mine is even worse as it's not rechargeable batteries, I just have to replace 2 AA batteries every couple months.
AgsMyDude
AG
htxag09 said:

boy09 said:

I have the OG magic mouse. I love it, prefer the trackpad over any traditional mouse. But, as all above, my complaint is battery life. And I'd say mine is even worse as it's not rechargeable batteries, I just have to replace 2 AA batteries every couple months.

But at least you can pop in new batteries and be done instead of having a brick of a mouse until it charges.
htxag09
AG
Haha, fair. Between it and the keyboard I just have a constant supply of amazon batteries coming
dshedd41
S
So I've used the Logitech for awhile and here's what I like :
  • Feels more comfortable to hold than MM2
  • Love the scroll wheels, both of them
  • Gestures are ok, I they could be better in my opinion
  • Love that I can connect it to my iPad without having to disconnect it first.
  • Magic Mouse 2-
  • Gestures are awesome and a lot smoother
  • Lighter, easier to travel with
Gig’em Aggies!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.