Returnal on PS5

1,448 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bbattbq01
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you have a PS5, do yourself a favor and get this game. It is incredible, groundbreaking, and unlike anything I've ever played before.

It is extremely challenging, has limitless replay potential, incredible graphics, incredible story, and is disturbingly engrossing.

I beat the game after 43 hours but am now doing another play through to upgrade weapons and try to get the special ending.

Do yourself a favor and get this game now. You will get frustrated but push through it.

I honestly feel this is one of the best games I have ever played.

https://kotaku.com/returnal-feels-like-an-actual-ps5-game-1846735864
AgSportsFan89
AG
This one looks like it is right up my alley, and I almost pulled the trigger for prime day when I saw it for 50. But I figure if they drop that much that quickly, I can probably get a great deal at Christmas time
Not a Bot
AG
"Oh look at me, I managed to get a PS5 within eight months of launch. Look at all these cool games I can play."
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Captain Positivity said:

"Oh look at me, I managed to get a PS5 within eight months of launch. Look at all these cool games I can play."
If you haven't gotten a PS5, you're not missing out on much. Ratchet and Clank was the first true PS5 game I bought, and I got a launch unit (random Walmart.com luck). Up to this point, it's been a really expensive PS4 emulator and streaming stick. I skipped the last generation, so it's not all bad.

Trying to score a new video card on the other hand....I go through cycles of trying to get one, then giving up. I think I've gone through my last set of attempts; I'll wait until the next generation of cards launches. My poor GTX 970 is falling more and more behind.
BallerStaf2003
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

Captain Positivity said:

If you haven't gotten a PS5, you're not missing out on much. Ratchet and Clank was the first true PS5 game I bought, and I got a launch unit (random Walmart.com luck). Up to this point, it's been a really expensive PS4 emulator and streaming stick. I skipped the last generation, so it's not all bad.

Trying to score a new video card on the other hand....I go through cycles of trying to get one, then giving up. I think I've gone through my last set of attempts; I'll wait until the next generation of cards launches. My poor GTX 970 is falling more and more behind.

Nice thread derail on my post of the first must buy PS5 game. Well played.
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

mickeyrig06sq3 said:

Captain Positivity said:

Nice thread derail on my post of the first must buy PS5 game. Well played.
One does one's best.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
It's a great game. I'm in the 5th biome. It's a dark horse for GOTY for me.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

It's a great game. I'm in the 5th biome. It's a dark horse for GOTY for me.

Be sure to develop your weapon traits. That is the key to getting past at two. They make weapons much more powerful
bbattbq01
AG
I'm so incredibly bad at this game. Finally took down first boss. Now just getting wrecked constantly by the giant flying things while trying to climb the mountain.

Game looks amazing and the gameplay is awesome.
I'm just really really bad at it lol
BallerStaf2003
AG
Still playing it despite beating the final act over a week ago.

This is one of the greatest games of all time.

If you have a PS5, get this game.
srob2004
AG
finished it once, now getting the fragments in the 2nd play through. I've got 4 of the 6 so far. Amazing how once you "git good" you can do much longer runs... etc..

oh and Portal Beam on Hollowseeker slays all.
bbattbq01
AG
Biome five can suck it.
BallerStaf2003
AG
srob2004 said:

finished it once, now getting the fragments in the 2nd play through. I've got 4 of the 6 so far. Amazing how once you "git good" you can do much longer runs... etc..

oh and Portal Beam on Hollowseeker slays all.

Once you get al the fragments, the game ups the difficulty. when you beat it after getting the fragments, they flood the biomes with more opponents. It's nuts.

I have level 3 portal beam and a level 2 portal turret. It's nuts when you get them both together.
BallerStaf2003
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Biome five can suck it.

A big key in that biome and the 6th one is to keep hooking places so you don't get overwhelmed.
evan_aggie
AG
My memory isn't great, but I was watching a video review of Returnal and I swear I had flash backs to some Microsoft game where your character was in a space suit and had a little jet pack that helped you make far jumps or strafe quickly.

I know that may sound like a bunch of games, but I can almost picture it in my mind
bbattbq01
AG
Finally made it through five today pylons are OP.

seemed to be progressing great through six until I found some kind of malignant monster that wrecked my 300% integrity in three hits. Sad face.

At least I got through five.
bbattbq01
AG
Finally won, got to the last boss with like 250% integrity, 2 regular health vials and 3 large health vials plus a watch and an active reanimator. Beat him without using any of it lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.