Wireless printing not working with new wifi access points

1,121 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dubi
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I setup 3 Unifi AP U6 LRs recently.

My wireless printers no longer work. It sees them, they're online, but I cannot print to them.

any ideas?
Take the trash out staff.
dubi
AG
Did you reboot the printers?
Garrelli 5000
AG
Yup and updated the software wirelessly via the front panel.

Doesn't print from a Mac nor windows computer. If I delete the printer from Mac, it finds them on the network but then says it can't find it when you send a job.
CapCity12thMan
AG
something blocking a port?
sands
AG
Did the printer IP address change? You can change it in the driver or reinstall.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Can't speak to Windows but is printer sharing enabled on the Mac?
Garrelli 5000
AG
Circling back to this for an update. I had to reboot my entire network the other day - modem, router/switches/waps, etc.

That righted the wrongs.

I'm getting rusty in my old age. The first step in troubleshooting when all looks normal on-screen...reboot.
eric76
AG
I have one customer who has trouble with their printers on the network. Maybe they have finally learned what they need to understand the issue, but I doubt it.

They have two printers. One is plugged into their wifi router, the second printer is not plugged in but offers a wifi link to connect to the printer. If they are connected to the wifi router, they can't print to the second printer. If they are connected to the second printer, then they have no internet access.

The obvious thing to do is to connect the second printer to their LAN but they don't want to do that. In other words, they want it to act like a LAN without having everything connected on the LAN.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Ha!

Customer: What is my gmail password?

Why would I know that?

Customer: You're a computer guy, right?
dubi
AG
eric76 said:

I have one customer who has trouble with their printers on the network. Maybe they have finally learned what they need to understand the issue, but I doubt it.

They have two printers. One is plugged into their wifi router, the second printer is not plugged in but offers a wifi link to connect to the printer. If they are connected to the wifi router, they can't print to the second printer. If they are connected to the second printer, then they have no internet access.

The obvious thing to do is to connect the second printer to their LAN but they don't want to do that. In other words, they want it to act like a LAN without having everything connected on the LAN.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.