Apple ID question

755 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Drip99
Drip99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and daughter have been using the same apple ID and its time to split. I have established a new apple ID for my wife and looking for advice on the best way to setup the phone without losing contacts, photos, music, etc. Is there and easy way to do this or is starting from scratch the best option?
aggiedata
AG
Go into Apple ID setting and see Family Sharing. Add the new account. Wife and I did the same.
Pman17
AG
aggiedata said:

Go into Apple ID setting and see Family Sharing. Add the new account. Wife and I did the same.

Wife pretty much has to start from scratch, but you can share stuff too. Like shared photo albums, air dropping contacts, subscribing to each other's playlists, and collaborating on notes. I recommend subscribing to Apple One.
Purchases are shared in Family Sharing, but all accounts tied to a single credit card. You can setup purchasing permissions. Each account has its own iTunes Gift Card Balance.
I keep my parents on my family plan, but I have to keep track and bill them if they buy something. Kinda nice for me because I split the subscriptions we share and bill their half.
Drip99
AG
Pman17 said:

aggiedata said:

Wife pretty much has to start from scratch, but you can share stuff too. Like shared photo albums, air dropping contacts, subscribing to each other's playlists, and collaborating on notes. I recommend subscribing to Apple One.
Purchases are shared in Family Sharing, but all accounts tied to a single credit card. You can setup purchasing permissions. Each account has its own iTunes Gift Card Balance.
I keep my parents on my family plan, but I have to keep track and bill them if they buy something. Kinda nice for me because I split the subscriptions we share and bill their half.
That is what i thought would have to happen. I really just want to keep her contacts, music and photos on the phone or be able to restore from a cloud backup with a new apple ID but I don't think that will work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.