*****Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered*****

3,671 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BenFiasco14
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been waiting for this one for a long time. The first game in particular has not aged well despite the story being great. But I would highly recommend this series for any gamer out there.

Release is Thursday May 14th, who's going kick Reaper and bang Asari ass in 4k?

Also improved mako!

(mako improvements not accurately depicted above)
Claude!
hunter2012 said:

who's going kick Reaper and bang Asari ass in 4k?

Wait, that's the order we're supposed to do things? No wonder Liara was angry and Sovereign was looking at me weirdly.
Wildmen03
AG
I'm about to be on leave with a newborn. I'll definitely be snagging this.
wangus12
AG
Have it ordered. Also it comes out on Friday. Some people have gotten orders delivered already and the screen shots look great. Favorite all time series
KidDoc
AG
yeah ME2 was amazing. ME1 is tedious but still good and ME3 is so/so. I'll have to see what is improved on the PC remasters but I will keep an eye on it. IF they made it VR I would buy it now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hunter2012
AG
Third person shooters don't make for good VR games, otherwise Deadspace would also have massive VR potential.
Red Five
AG
Love ME1 and ME2. Own both on multiple platforms, but my initial playthroughs of both were on different platforms so I didnt get to continue with my choices from the previous game. I own ME3 but got it much later after everyone was already let down by it so I never actually got around to playing it. Definitely would like to pick this up and play through all 3,
Chipotlemonger
AG
If you loved the first 2, you will definitely at least like the 3rd. It had some fun gameplay and storylines, and any fan of the ME series should play all 3 for sure!
hunter2012
AG
Yep, you'll find the letdown to be over-hyped. After Mass Effect 4, Anthem, and Cyberpunk, it's a great game in pure hindsight.
wangus12
AG
Agreed. I was bummed by ME3 at first, but much more satisfied now
CubbieAggie
AG
Apparently the DLC for ME3 fixed some of the issues with the ending. I thought the ending was so-so, but the rest of the game was still great. ME1 was awesome except for the Mako exploration. ME2 is almost perfect and one of my favorite games of all time.

My only decision is whether to buy this now or wait until it comes out on EA Play.
bdkirk
AG
Ok, with this game releasing this week I have a brother and a friend both playing the series for the first time. Anyone have a list of non-spoiler recommendations to give first timers? Any suggestions?
MGS
bdkirk said:

Ok, with this game releasing this week I have a brother and a friend both playing the series for the first time. Anyone have a list of non-spoiler recommendations to give first timers? Any suggestions?
In ME2, you can endorse all the shops in the Citadel, don't do just one.
Claude!
bdkirk said:

Try a lot of different companion combinations - most of the pairings have some pretty entertaining banter.
hunter2012
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Had that stupid Series X in my cart and couldn't get checked out fast enough. Need it.
Wildmen03
AG
Preloading in my steam library. Can't wait.
jr15aggie
AG
I know I beat 1 back in the day and I'm pretty sure #2 as well. Never played the 3rd.

My backlog of games is huge (thanks Gamepass... I'll never have time for all this!!!) but I might have to keep this in mind. I'm a sucker for really good Space Sci-Fi movies and the same goes with video games.
rhutton125
AG
2 is my favorite game of all time. I've beaten 1 and 2 probably a dozen times each.

ME3 ending is more or less fixed. If it's all you experience (and it's standard with this rerelease), you won't know there was a controversy at all. IMO.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm not sure I even did this, cool
Scotty Flamingo
Started it back up. I'm playing as the standard male Shepherd soldier because I'm boring as hell.
Pman17
AG
Tempted to get but I may just wait till EA makes it free for Game Pass in 6 months.
Red Five
AG
The Fiend said:

Started it back up. I'm playing as the standard male Shepherd soldier because I'm boring as hell.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Prime0882
AG
The Fiend said:

Going to play through for the first time as Femshep. From what I read the voice actress knocked it out of the park as the role.
Scotty Flamingo
Red Five said:

The Fiend said:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Lol I think he gets better as the series progresses. But Jennifer Hale does kill it
hunter2012
AG
Paragon or Renegade for Femshep?
joemeister
AG
If you've never played Mass Effect before, I recommend using the Vanguard build (biotic-soldier hybrid). Biotic charge + shotguns makes for incredibly fun, fast-paced combat. The combo system really took off in ME2.

I played a ridiculous amount of the multiplayer in ME3. Despite the loot box system that was so popular in games at the time, it was endless fun.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm horrible at shooters so I played a lot of stealth and snipe in my original playthrough. Gonna try and go hardcore brawler this time.

If I can ever snag that stupid Xbox.
Scotty Flamingo
So with the legendary edition I'm playing a lot of the DLC for the first time. Holy crap project overlord in me2 hit me in the feels.
AliasMan02
AG
I did manage to grab an Xbox with a bundle so I'll see if I can not put the ridiculous $180 controller to waste. Seems like different trigger sensitivities might be good for different equipment load outs.

Been reading more about reactions of people playing through for the millionth time and I'm surprised by how much I don't remember. Can't wait to get back into it.
Jinx
Playing Renegade FemShep. Never played it before but know quite a bit about them through the husband (it is his favorite series). Played Dragon Age and Kotor but the fps bits kept me away for a long time. Sucking it up to do a full playthrough. 16yo old me would be ashamed that I am playing it on Easy but I want to experience the story so meh.
hunter2012
AG
By the way I would highly recommend most of the books if you like the lore and the galaxy world building. There's one that gets off canon but I liked the others really well. Start with Ascension, it serves as a prequel book for ME1 and explains the story between Anderson and Saren.
YouBet
AG
rhutton125 said:

2 is my favorite game of all time. I've beaten 1 and 2 probably a dozen times each.

ME3 ending is more or less fixed. If it's all you experience (and it's standard with this rerelease), you won't know there was a controversy at all. IMO.
You've played through these games 24 times?!

Will never understand this!
hunter2012
AG
I know this thread is laid to rest but I had to post this gem that I ran across:

hunter2012
AG
Part 2 because why not.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.