Digital Photo frame recommendations? (Google Photos connection)

560 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BadMoonRisin
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a frame that can sync with a shared Google Photos album that won't break the bank. Hoping to get a few for family members as we all use Photos to share pictures of get-togethers, kids, etc. The few I looked are were pretty pricey.

Anyone use one of these or have a recommendation?

Or potentially one I can email to a single email and have them all update. Want to avoid having to update each one individually.
aggietony2010
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Looking for a frame that can sync with a shared Google Photos album that won't break the bank. Hoping to get a few for family members as we all use Photos to share pictures of get-togethers, kids, etc. The few I looked are were pretty pricey.

Or potentially one I can email to a single email and have them all update. Want to avoid having to update each one individually.

If you're not opposed to smart devices, the Nest Hub ($99) can be pointed to loop through a Google Photos album when not being used for other things. You can also do this with any Chromecast device, our main living room TV loops through family photos while it's not in use. Just point all the devices to the same album and refresh that as needed. I imagine with the right permissions, everyone could add to the album.
AgsMyDude
AG
aggietony2010 said:

AgsMyDude said:

If you're not opposed to smart devices, the Nest Hub ($99) can be pointed to loop through a Google Photos album when not being used for other things. You can also do this with any Chromecast device, our main living room TV loops through family photos while it's not in use. Just point all the devices to the same album and refresh that as needed. I imagine with the right permissions, everyone could add to the album.
Thx. I did think about that but my folks are a bit ornery about listening devices in the house. Still trying to get them to come around.

There are a few cheaper options that I could periodically pull photos and email. Guess I could set up a group email so that they go to all the photo frames at the same time. Wouldn't be terrible but auto sync from the album would be one less thing to hassle with.
BadMoonRisin
AG
AgsMyDude said:

aggietony2010 said:

AgsMyDude said:

Thx. I did think about that but my folks are a bit ornery about listening devices in the house. Still trying to get them to come around.

There are a few cheaper options that I could periodically pull photos and email. Guess I could set up a group email so that they go to all the photo frames at the same time. Wouldn't be terrible but auto sync from the album would be one less thing to hassle with.

Nest Hub has a mute switch in the back. Not sure if they'd be cool with that or not.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.