Home Audio - Irregular Room

1,381 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by adamsbq06
mickeyrig06sq3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been wanting to upgrade my current soundbar. It's and older Vizio using optical with a seperate control, so switching to an ARC/eARC setup would be nice. I'm currently running an OLED CX (2020). I was wanting to get a higher end surround bar, but the problem is I have an open house, so I've got TV on one wall, wall to my right behind the couch, and a wall behind me; to the left is open into the kitchen.

Is it worth getting anything decent, or just stick to a quality 2.1, since I can't really take advantage of sound reflection tech, or do I have another option for better audio?
Wildmen03
AG
I've got an irregular living room space, it's a downside of the popular open floor plan you see these days.

We went from sound bar to a 3.1 system and it's been great. Ours has a Sony receiver with a microphone that helps your receiver "program" the speakers. We 2 Pioneer towers, pioneer center and Klipsch sub.

Ran the audio test with the microphone placed at our preferred listening location and let it do its thing. The center speaker made the biggest difference for us, especially with dialogue.
YouBet
AG
3.1 is perfectly fine IMO. I have/had 5.1, 3.1, and SONOS Playbar+Sub.

The SONOS Playbar+Sub is probably more expensive than a really good 3.1 most likely, so I would start with a 3.1. Buddy has a 3.1 with the old school Klipsch towers that are massive and they will make your ears bleed.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I've read where two Apple HomePods paired together have pretty good sound.

Anybody tried it?
Sazerac
AG
Sonos Arc or beam, just because they are a speaker plus amplifier in one.
Wheatables02
AG
I just got the Vizio Elevate on prime day for $679 plus $150 off for opening a Prime Credit Card (which has been cut up) minus $70 for spending $600.

But still if you can get it around $700-800, its worth it IMO.
adamsbq06
AG
look at the SONOS ARC the setup has you balance the sound via the mic on your iPhone... you literally walk around your room with your iPhone.

I get a price break on them so hit me up if you are interested.

andy@andrewadamsav.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.