Resident Evil 8: Village

2,360 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jokershady
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't seen a thread on this and I love scary games. Apparently it's getting released on current and next generation consoles so those of us with a PS4 and Xbox 1 are still good.

Theres a free 60 minute demo that's downloadable now and for the next several days

Other than a few trailers I haven't seen anything for this so really excited for it.

If you have a chance y'all need to experience RE: 7. Was a huge shift in gameplay and it was damn awesome!
V8Aggie
AG
RE: 7 was awesome. These are the games I hate to love.

Also we're getting an Alien Isolation 2.
jokershady
AG
V8Aggie said:

RE: 7 was awesome. These are the games I hate to love.

Also we're getting an Alien Isolation 2.
theyre making a sequel!?!? If that's exclusive for PS5 then I'm gonna have to buy a new system cause there's no way I'm not playing the sequel to what was arguably one of the most tense inducing and immersive video games I've ever played
V8Aggie
AG
Yeah saw it today. No idea re platforms. PC for sure.

That damn game caused real anxiety. That damn alien was smart! The sounds definitely made that game.
jr15aggie
AG
I love horror games and I love 80s nostalgia... so yeah, alien Isolation was a big hit for me. A sequel, heck yeah!
jokershady
AG
Played the castle demo and the village demo....this is going to be a good one!
Max Power
AG
At some point there's going to be a Silent Hill sequel or remake on PS5. What's been happening with Resident Evil the past few years shows the market is real. Silent Hill would be bonkers, the kids don't know what they're missing. Resident Evil is fun horror, Silent Hill is straight up unsettling.
jokershady
AG
Max Power said:

At some point there's going to be a Silent Hill sequel or remake on PS5. What's been happening with Resident Evil the past few years shows the market is real. Silent Hill would be bonkers, the kids don't know what they're missing. Resident Evil is fun horror, Silent Hill is straight up unsettling.
Silent Hill fans are going to have high expectations after the next game that was advertised through PT was cancelled because Konami doubled down on being idiots
Scotty Flamingo
This game blew my expectations out of the water. It was so good.
AggiEE
The Fiend said:

Yeah I loved it too. Top 3 of the series for sure.

I enjoyed RE7 as well but this one blows it away
V8Aggie
AG
Is it the same play style as RE7?
AggiEE
V8Aggie said:

Is it the same play style as RE7?

First person, but generally less focus on inventory management

Ammo isn't really a problem, game focuses a bit more on action
YouBet
AG
AggiEE said:

The Fiend said:

Yeah I loved it too. Top 3 of the series for sure.

I enjoyed RE7 as well but this one blows it away
Which one? Alien Isolation?
jokershady
AG
So glad to hear this! I know this game borrows from RE4 a bit (which I loved that game too) so it's good to hear these thoughts...trying to avoid spoilers on YouTube cause I haven't had a chance to jump into it yet
V8Aggie
AG
Ok I'm not finished but this game is outstanding!
Drahknor03
AG
Finished my 4th playthrough last night "cheating" my way through Village of Shadows. My first playthrough was on Hardcore. I think that's the most RE-like difficulty.

However, the most fun I had was my speed run on casual with a certain completion weapon with unlimited ammo. Finished in about 90 min as a walking murder machine.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I can't get into this game. Enemies are like Frankenstein, just not a whole lot of polish.
RE4 is still my favorite.

Tell me it gets better? Beginning is so slow.
V8Aggie
AG
Have you made it to the castle yet?
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Not yet. I remember feeling so much dread when playing RE4 and when on the outskirts of the farm town. I can't buy into the village or these werewolf things, who look like they were rendered for PS3. It's campy to me.

I'm shocked how bad the combat is in the first hour. I really hope it gets better

Maybe I'm just not giving it a chance, but I've always loved RE games
V8Aggie
AG
Once you get to the castle you should be happy. The village wasn't anything special and is so far a small part of the game.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
V8Aggie said:

Once you get to the castle you should be happy. The village wasn't anything special and is so far a small part of the game.

You're right, greatly improved once in the castle. Beginning was a slog to get through.
I need to revisit RE4 to see how well it holds up. That is still the crown jewel for me. That farm town was downright unsettling.
V8Aggie
AG
Yeah o didn't find the castle scary but just down right cool. Left a save point so I can go back and explore again.

The next stop after the castle has some real
Disturbing *****..
TriumphForks
AG
Just finished the area behind the 4 winged w/ baby key door. So far really liking the game. Definitely more action oriented as a whole, but there are some very creepy areas as well. I love the callbacks to RE4. As others have said RE4 is my favorite in the series. Only problem I have thus far are the abundance of scripted encounters that once you trigger, backtracking to explore is more or less impossible. Not sure exactly where I'd rank this game among RE titles, but my gut says this will be upper-mid tier.
jokershady
AG
not sure if anyone is still debating on getting their hands on this one but i feel like i'm getting close to the ending and have straight up loved this game so far!

like everyone has said, the castle was a great start to this one and proud to say (other than the damn roof cause screw that) i blue'd out every room in that place.

the most genuinely terrifying part of the game thus far was the 2nd "boss" (but not the real boss IYKWIM)....that crap came out of no where....my wife has wanted to sit in on this one everytime i played (she did the same for RE7) and that reveal straight up had her freaking out.

the 3rd boss was kind of a drag but still was entertaining

i'm still currently in heisenburgs factory and while I haven't completed it yet i know im close (already got the dudes key but planning on doubling back to one area i believe that's become unlocked that I haven't had a chance to explore yet).

biggest DERP moment for me came not too long ago....was randomly going through my inventory and realized i still had Luiza's necklace....never took the time to "look" at it and reazlied there was a damn key in it the whole time....but i'm already in heisenburgs factory and from what i understand once you've made it that far there's no going back to the village which is where the small chest is for that key....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.