Disney Park Lightsabers

3,813 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by adamsbq06
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going to Disney World in May and will visiting Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I wanted to go with the Darth Vadar Legacy Hilt but finally decided to pursue a custom Power and Control hilt at Savi's workshop. After seeing the interchangeable kyber crystals changing the color of the blade, it's a no brainer. The Legacy hilts can't be disassembled. And they are both roughly $200 after all said and done.

I want to be a part of the universe, not recreate it.

Plus I could always by Darth's online. I just love the OG build and look.

Anyone else have a good or bad experience with their sabers from Disney parks?
Red Five
AG
Going in April and hitting Savi's and the Droid workshop. Told my wife it was non-negotiable.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

This was my custom build from my November 2019 visit. Great experience.

Next time, I'll let my kids build one (they didn't go on that trip) and I'll buy a legacy hilt.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Building a droid was also a fun time.
MarathonAg12
GiveEmHellBill said:

Next time, I'll let my kids build one (they didn't go on that trip) and I'll buy a legacy hilt.

That's really cool. My daughter and I will be building a lightsaber. Something she will remember for the rest of her life. My wife and youngest will build a droid.
exitone
AG
We are still trying to get out to Disney, and I keep going back and forth on Savi vs Legacy. The Savi just look too much like plastic and cheap in all the pictures. Is that really the case, or is that just the effect of a flash bouncing off the material that makes it look cheap?
Whos Juan
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

that is almost exactly the same as the one I built.

Mine started having electrical problems about a month after I got back. I need to see if there's a repair service I can send it into.
HalifaxAg
AG
We broke the bank there, but completely worth it for the experience. Now they sit in a box on a shelf untouched for months, but damn they're cool and I wouldn't do it different.
MarathonAg12
exitone said:

We are still trying to get out to Disney, and I keep going back and forth on Savi vs Legacy. The Savi just look too much like plastic and cheap in all the pictures. Is that really the case, or is that just the effect of a flash bouncing off the material that makes it look cheap?
I was on Team Legacy for the longest time until I realized that I could eventually by any Character's Saber at some point later on. Nothing compares to the experience at the workshop in my opinion. The videos look awesome! It is metal casing on the hilt, I've seen videos on that as well.

Also the legacy sabers can't be stripped down to add and remove the kyber crystals. Which is why I think Savi's takes the cake on this one.
Gman7709
AG
I highly recommend Savi's. You can also collect all the other kyber crystal colors and change out whichever one you go with at Savi's. They sell the crystals in the park. I have no idea about "legacy", they may be great too, but just the all around experience at Savi's was neat.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
My only experience was that I didn't get one on my last trip in November 2019. Of course, Star Wars Land had only been open a couple of months (WDW) and it was Thanksgiving and the park was packed. I went in to the shop (which is not marked to keep in line with Star Wars), and felt worse than a sardine in a tin can. Could not even get close enough to the counter to see much of anything. That was the biggest disappointment of that trip, as I had fully intended to come home with a lightsaber.
Saxsoon
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I'm going to Disney World in May and will visiting Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I wanted to go with the Darth Vadar Legacy Hilt but finally decided to pursue a custom Power and Control hilt at Savi's workshop. After seeing the interchangeable kyber crystals changing the color of the blade, it's a no brainer. The Legacy hilts can't be disassembled. And they are both roughly $200 after all said and done.

I want to be a part of the universe, not recreate it.

Plus I could always by Darth's online. I just love the OG build and look.

Anyone else have a good or bad experience with their sabers from Disney parks?

The experience was incredible. My dad and I both did it and I will cherish it forever
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Saxsoon
AG
exitone said:

I could knock someone unconscious with the hilt. It is metal but depending on the type the painting can be off
degreedy
AG
I'm going next week and I could not be more f&&C#@* excited!!!

But I guess my real question is, are the quality of these sabers good or is it better to order one online?
Reloadags1998
AG
Going in June, I'm getting a freaking light-saber. My kids want a stupid robot. That's why I'm cooler than they are.
Ag_of_08
AG
You can build much nicer lightsabers, including beautiful graflex replicas, for not that much money.

Here's my LED bladed two hander I was working on before imelda.

https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/

https://saberforge.com/
degreedy
AG
Now that's cool as hell.

What did all that cost you?
CashinOut
AG
Glad I came across this thread. Did you ship it back or carry it on to the plane? We're going to try for the droid build since we didn't know how to get the light saber back when we flew home.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I think I found the annual summer STEM project for my teens
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saxsoon
AG
CashinOut said:

Glad I came across this thread. Did you ship it back or carry it on to the plane? We're going to try for the droid build since we didn't know how to get the light saber back when we flew home.

What I did was keep the hilt in my backpack and stuck the blade up in the overhead (after other put their **** up there)
Gman7709
AG
Saxsoon said:

CashinOut said:

What I did was keep the hilt in my backpack and stuck the blade up in the overhead (after other put their **** up there)
Yes, as soon as I finished at Savi's, I thought to myself, "how am I getting this home?". Its very easy to disassemble and pack for air travel. The Orlando airport TSA is used to seeing the lightsabers!
Ag_of_08
AG
NPH- said:

Now that's cool as hell.

What did all that cost you?

Lemme sit down and add it up, it's been a couple years now. The nice thing is the blade is made from addressable leds, I can use it on any saber I build it to go on, and can pre set three colors, with their sounds and flash-on-clash( this one does the red sith, a purple with white flash, and a blue with white flash)

It's also tough enough to do the lightsaber dueling that people actually compete in, but I'm not quite that nerdy. If yall want pictures I'll get it out, it needs a new speaker anyway!
Ag_of_08
AG
Gman7709 said:

Saxsoon said:

CashinOut said:

Yes, as soon as I finished at Savi's, I thought to myself, "how am I getting this home?". Its very easy to disassemble and pack for air travel. The Orlando airport TSA is used to seeing the lightsabers!

Like dealing with the security in cozumel... nearly gave Houston heartfailure when they put my bag through the second check with a big lead weight in my bag, cozumel they just laughed
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
CashinOut said:

I saw lots of people carrying their lightsabers in some kind of travel bag (think something like a slimmed down golf club bag) at the airport in Orlando at the end of our most recent trip, but I also so absolutely no issues with anyone going through checkpoints with them, or on the plane itself.
Ag_of_08
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

Gman7709 said:

Saxsoon said:

CashinOut said:

Like dealing with the security in cozumel... nearly gave Houston heartfailure when they put my bag through the second check with a big lead weight in my bag, cozumel they just laughed

What about a fly rod storage tube?
MrPlow2010
AG
I have a buddy who bought a few sabers from this website. https://ultrasabers.com/. I think the guy is out of Friendswood.

They seem pretty cool when I saw them at my friend's house.
Ag_of_08
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I have a buddy who bought a few sabers from this website. https://ultrasabers.com/. I think the guy is out of Friendswood.

They seem pretty cool when I saw them at my friend's house.

Part of mine is from ultrasabers.

Pay attention to what threading system they're using, most of the use one of two standards. If they match you can customize them, put the led blades in them, etc.

There mystery box is good.... those sabers would even stand up to the dueling stuff, and the blades can be upgraded. They're tough enough for kiddos to fight with anyway
PPAag06
AG
FYI, this guy holds the Disney contract as well. He sole sources the Disney lightsabers. Fellow Friendswood person here.
HumbleAg04
AG
My sons just built at Saavi's last week. Whole process was very cool and the sabers themselves are solid. Hilts are heavy with the decorative chosen parts made of metal and a plastic chassis you build on. Carried them on flight home no issues.
Saxsoon
AG
Maybe there are nicer sabers you can build online but the experience at Saavis blows them all out of the water.

While preparing to purchase our sabers and choosing the components, Kylo and storm troopers walked up and the cast members hid the display pieces and covered the registers. Hearing Yoda right before our sabers were ignited. Doing that with my 60 yr old father and see him be a kid. Give me that any day of the week
Gman7709
AG
Yep, certain airports understand!
adamsbq06
AG
I am more than likely going to just go the legacy lightsaber route... I see more value having a replica Skywalker saber on my desk than one I made...
andy@andrewadamsav.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.