***** Pokemon Legends Arceus *****

1,522 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Thunder18
TheBruceWayne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Why do the graphics look worse than on Sword/Shield? Was it just my slow internet causing the low quality?
All I do is Nguyen
Seriously, the graphics look like a port from 3DS, and the framerates are awful it seems. Hope they can get that fixed
No matter what
Pman17
AG
Noting the low frame rates, the game may not be optimized yet.

The wild speculation is this is running on the current Switch. The game releasing Spring 2022 could be hinting a new Switch on the way. It lines up perfectly with the current Switch release. Hardware announcement in winter, release in March. You have to have a game to sell the hardware so here it is. From the latest direct, BOTW news will come at the end of the year. Another potential seller of new hardware.
TheBruceWayne
Reminds me a bit of Breath of the Wild
FightinTexasAg15
AG
TheBruceWayne
imagine sitting in the grass, throwing a pokeball at a guardian.
Sub4
AG
The problem is there is no incentive to make better graphics. The game will sell like hotcakes regardless of what it looks like
Line Ate Member
AG
For the first time of seemingly having a fluid transition between fighting and the real world, this looks pretty awesome to me. It seems they broke the defined spaces to explore which is a huge piece for this gaming series.

Looks fun and one I will be getting when it launches
Madagascar
AG
In
Bobby Jimbo
AG
I like how they are simultaneously making 2 different versions of Pokemon for the Sinnoh region. If you want the classic top-down version of Pokemon, you can play Brilliant Diamond/Shiny Pearl. If you want the new-style, open-world type game, you can play Legends: Arceus.

I like this a lot better than creating a hybrid-type game like Sword/Shield is. Really excited for these 2 games.
TheBruceWayne
hope they improve the framerate when its released
TheBruceWayne
https://www.ign.com/articles/pokemon-legends-arceus-brilliant-diamond-shining-pearl-remakes-release-date-nintendo-switch
RebAg13
Zachary Klement
AG
Anyone get this?
Line Ate Member
AG
Zachary Klement said:

Anyone get this?
Just started last night. About to got out and catch Pokmon for the first time.

I like how the main character is like, "what. Catching Pokmon is easy." Nice different approach to Gary acting like we can't tie our own shoes.
Madagascar
AG
Loving this game so far. Not perfect but definitely a great new direction for Pokemon!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
6M in sales already. Impressive.
chase128
AG
The gameplay "loop" of catching/fighting/exploring flows so smoothly. I lost track of time playing it last night. Totally forgot what's going on in the story, just been exploring the world and catching pokemon.

I just got the second ridable pokemon and I'm rank 4. I've caught several Alpha Pokemon, the Alpha Snorlax being the most difficult.

Came to the top of a hill and saw a Togetic flying around, chunked some Feather Balls at it and eventually caught it.

I think my only complaint so far is my bag isn't big enough to hold all the items I keep wanting to pick up. I also wish you could craft using items in your Storage if you are at a Crafting Station.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Definitely the best Pokemon game in a while.

Yes, the graphics are not great. But other than that I have had a ton of fun playing this.

The open world RPG category fits so well for Pokemon. Like said before the gameplay loop is very fun and satisfying.

I am following the main story so slowly because it's so much fun to explore and find all the pokemon in an area and get their research levels up.

They also made a lot of nice QOL changes in the game which helps some of the tedious aspects.

I'm at like 40 hours and haven't finished the main story yet
Zachary Klement
AG
I am having a blast!

I am up to rank 4. I like some the Hisuian Pokemon a lot. Goodra and Typhlosion look sick imo, I love using them.
Thunder18
AG
It's a pretty good reset for the franchise, I definitely enjoy the fact that you have to build the dex through observing various moves and activities rather than just capturing and fighting. Once you get the controls figured out it's pretty smooth to transition from items to your pokemon in battle or otherwise. Definitely agree with the complaint about satchel space
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.